Exclusive: UK distributor takes Elle Driver’s provocative, award-winning Venice drama.
The unsettling Greek drama, about an abusive father’s devious sexual, physical and psychological control over the rest of his family, won the Best Director and Best Actor awards at the festival.
Themis Panou, who plays the father, won Venice’s Volpi Cup.
Review: Miss Violence
Edwards said: “This provocative, brilliant and ferociously uncompromising film is a genuine masterpiece of directorial control, featuring a series of impeccable, fearless and often astonishing performances and was justifiably rewarded at Venice this year.
“With the candor and skill of world-class storytellers like Michael Haneke and Giorgos Lanthimos, director Alexandros Avranas gives voice to the dark unspoken fears of victims too often silenced by monstrous villains »
- email@example.com (Andreas Wiseman)
Similar News ItemsMichael Haneke
- Sundance Film Review: ‘James White’ (From Variety - Film News. 23 January 2015, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘The Witch’ (From Variety - Film News. 23 January 2015, 9:32 AM, PST)
- Sign Language Film ‘The Tribe’ Features In 44th New Directors/New Films Series (From Deadline New York. 21 January 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
Prince Avalanche (2013)
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama ‘Manglehorn’ (From Deadline New York. 21 October 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- DVD Review: 'Joe' (From CineVue. 11 October 2014, 2:16 AM, PDT)
- James Franco, Emir Kusturica & Shane Meadows Line Up New Projects (From The Playlist. 3 October 2014, 9:24 AM, PDT)
- Top 20 Most Anticipated Movies of 2015 (From Rope Of Silicon. 14 January 2015, 10:53 AM, PST)
- Top 100 Most Anticipated Foreign Films of 2015: #4. Yorgos Lanthimos’ The Lobster (From ioncinema. 9 January 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Top 100 Most Anticipated Foreign Films of 2015: #47. Athina Rachel Tsangari’s Chevalier (From ioncinema. 7 January 2015, 9:15 AM, PST)