Exclusive: UK distributor takes Elle Driver’s provocative, award-winning Venice drama.
The unsettling Greek drama, about an abusive father’s devious sexual, physical and psychological control over the rest of his family, won the Best Director and Best Actor awards at the festival.
Themis Panou, who plays the father, won Venice’s Volpi Cup.
Review: Miss Violence
Edwards said: “This provocative, brilliant and ferociously uncompromising film is a genuine masterpiece of directorial control, featuring a series of impeccable, fearless and often astonishing performances and was justifiably rewarded at Venice this year.
“With the candor and skill of world-class storytellers like Michael Haneke and Giorgos Lanthimos, director Alexandros Avranas gives voice to the dark unspoken fears of victims too often silenced by monstrous villains »
- email@example.com (Andreas Wiseman)
Similar News ItemsMichael Haneke
- Review: Valeria Golino Takes A Nuanced Look At Death In Directorial Debut 'Miele' (From The Playlist. 4 March 2014, 4:08 PM, PST)
- Appetites: Surveying Paul Verhoeven (From SoundOnSight. 1 March 2014, 9:21 PM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘The Oscar-Nominated Short Films 2014: Live Action’ (From Variety - Film News. 28 February 2014, 7:23 PM, PST)
Prince Avalanche (2013)
- New DVD Blu-ray: ' Inside Llewyn Davis,' 'Out of the Furnace,' 'Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia' (From Moviefone. 11 March 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- SXSW 2014 Review: ‘Joe’ Is David Gordon Green and Company’s Return to Form (From FilmSchoolRejects. 11 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Criterion Collection: George Washington | Blu-ray Review (From ioncinema. 11 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Top 200 Most Anticipated Films for 2014: #1. Nuri Bilge Ceylan’s Winter Sleep (From ioncinema. 7 March 2014, 8:15 AM, PST)
- Top 200 Most Anticipated Films for 2014: #2. Yorgos Lanthimos’ The Lobster (From ioncinema. 7 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Top 200 Most Anticipated Films for 2014: #3. Ruben Östlund’s Tourist (From ioncinema. 7 March 2014, 7:45 AM, PST)