Exclusive: UK distributor takes Elle Driver’s provocative, award-winning Venice drama.
The unsettling Greek drama, about an abusive father’s devious sexual, physical and psychological control over the rest of his family, won the Best Director and Best Actor awards at the festival.
Themis Panou, who plays the father, won Venice’s Volpi Cup.
Review: Miss Violence
Edwards said: “This provocative, brilliant and ferociously uncompromising film is a genuine masterpiece of directorial control, featuring a series of impeccable, fearless and often astonishing performances and was justifiably rewarded at Venice this year.
“With the candor and skill of world-class storytellers like Michael Haneke and Giorgos Lanthimos, director Alexandros Avranas gives voice to the dark unspoken fears of victims too often silenced by monstrous villains »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Andreas Wiseman)
Similar News ItemsMichael Haneke
- Variety Critics Debate the Best and Worst of Cannes 2015 (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2015, 3:33 PM, PDT)
- Cannes Awards Contenders, from the Weinstein Slate to 'Son of Saul' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 May 2015, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: Complete list of winners includes 'Dheepan,' 'Carol,' 'The Lobster,' ... (From Gold Derby. 24 May 2015, 3:51 PM, PDT)
Prince Avalanche (2013)
- Interview: Actor David Dastmalchian on His Remarkable Film ‘Animals’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 21 May 2015, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Manglehorn Trailer: Al Pacino Learns to Love Again (From Collider.com. 18 May 2015, 6:47 PM, PDT)
- New poster and trailer for Manglehorn starring Al Pacino (From Flickeringmyth. 16 May 2015, 1:29 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2015. Top Picks & Coverage Roundup (From MUBI. 28 May 2015, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Lobster’ tops Cannes winners social media buzz (From ScreenDaily. 28 May 2015, 6:35 AM, PDT)
- The Best, The Middling and the ‘What-Happened-Here?’ of Cannes 2015 (From SoundOnSight. 27 May 2015, 12:48 PM, PDT)