In a candid interview on ‘The Howard Stern Show,’ Michael, 52, opened up about how he initially coped with his Parkinson’s disease diagnosis — and his only answer was alcohol.
In 1991, Michael J. Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and took a semi-hiatus from his acting career. In a new interview, the father of four reveals how he turned to drinking alcohol excessively when he first learned of his crippling illness.
Michael J. Fox Admits To Medicating Parkinson’s Disease With Alcohol
The Canadian actor has returned to television full-time with a fun new comedy, The Michael J. Fox Show, and spoke about it in an interview on The Howard Stern Show on Sept. 25. However, the interview took a sad turn when Howard Stern and Michael spoke about his Parkinson’s disease diagnosis, and how he initially coped.
“My first reaction to it was to start drinking heavily,” Michael revealed. »
- Sandra Clark
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- Taylor Swift Wishes Blake Lively a Happy Birthday: 'You're a Wonderful Friend, to Humans and Koalas Alike' (From PEOPLE.com. 25 August 2016, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift Won’t Be Attending This Year’s MTV Video Music Awards (From ET Canada. 25 August 2016, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- From Beyoncé to Bowie: The Seven Best Music Videos Nominated at the 2016 VMAs (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 1:05 PM, PDT)
Howard Stern (I)
- Publicity Executive Andrea Jaffe Dies at 66 (From Variety - Film News. 24 August 2016, 7:17 PM, PDT)
- Amy Schumer Was Hospitalized While Filming In Hawaii (From ET Canada. 23 August 2016, 5:34 PM, PDT)
- Inside Amy Schumer's Downtime: What Her Hospital Reveal Reminded Us About Celebrities and Their Battle for Private Time (From E! Online. 23 August 2016, 2:48 PM, PDT)
Back to the Future (1985)
- Great Job, Internet!: Back To The Future’s Tom Wilson turns himself into pop art (From The AV Club. 24 August 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Preview of Back to the Future: Citizen Brown #4 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 August 2016, 7:20 PM, PDT)
- Watch ‘Timeless’ give amusing shout-outs to ‘Nurse Jackie’ and Dr. Dre (From Hitfix. 22 August 2016, 12:30 PM, PDT)