In a candid interview on ‘The Howard Stern Show,’ Michael, 52, opened up about how he initially coped with his Parkinson’s disease diagnosis — and his only answer was alcohol.
In 1991, Michael J. Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and took a semi-hiatus from his acting career. In a new interview, the father of four reveals how he turned to drinking alcohol excessively when he first learned of his crippling illness.
Michael J. Fox Admits To Medicating Parkinson’s Disease With Alcohol
The Canadian actor has returned to television full-time with a fun new comedy, The Michael J. Fox Show, and spoke about it in an interview on The Howard Stern Show on Sept. 25. However, the interview took a sad turn when Howard Stern and Michael spoke about his Parkinson’s disease diagnosis, and how he initially coped.
“My first reaction to it was to start drinking heavily,” Michael revealed. »
- Sandra Clark
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- As the Internet Mourns, Vine Experiences a Revival: The 10 Best Vines (a Subjective List) (From Indiewire. 27 October 2016, 3:29 PM, PDT)
- The Apprentice 2016, week four – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 October 2016, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- A Celeb Guide to Legwear: The Best Leggings, Tights & Stockings Based on Your Location (From E! Online. 27 October 2016, 1:14 PM, PDT)
Howard Stern (I)
- TV News Roundup: ‘Sherlock’ Season 4 To Premiere on New Year’s Day 2017 (From Variety - TV News. 26 October 2016, 3:17 PM, PDT)
- Mel Gibson's 26-Year-Old Son Milo Looks Just Like Him – See the Pics! (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 October 2016, 8:53 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Is ‘Absolutely Not’ Interested In Dating ‘A Star Is Born’ Co-Star Bradley Cooper (From ET Canada. 24 October 2016, 3:01 PM, PDT)
Back to the Future (1985)
- Wizard World’s 2017 Comic Con Tour Schedule Includes 16 Cities (From DailyDead. 26 October 2016, 3:49 PM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard Are "Allied" (From SneakPeek. 26 October 2016, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- 5 Things to Expect at the 2016 World Series as the Cubs and Indians Aim to Make History (From PEOPLE.com. 25 October 2016, 11:26 AM, PDT)