Before it was cancelled, IGN reveals, "Star Wars 1313" would have featured Boba Fett as its helmeted protagonist in a gritty, grimy story that spelunked deep into the slums of Coruscant.
The heady days of E3 2012 -- before Disney bought Lucasfilm, closed LucasArts, and canceled "Star Wars 1313" -- seem so long ago, don't they? But a lot can happen in a little over a year, and now we're stuck talking about "1313" like its Obi Wan's ghostly floating head.
An unnamed source at what once was LucasArts has supplied IGN with a new concept art and a fifteen-minute demo, revealing new story details of the would-be third-person shooter and confirming previous rumors that the game was all about Boba Fett.
Here's the gist: Boba Fett, still in the early stages of his career, is working for Jabba the Hutt. He starts on Tatooine, sporting rag-tag armor, before eventually making it Coruscant. As the story goes, »
- Joseph Leray
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Required Reading: Distracting Movie Extras and Pop Culture Sins (From FilmSchoolRejects. 28 August 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Marvel continues Star Wars comic reprints with Epic Collection (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 August 2014, 1:52 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars Takes Over France in Lego Photo Series (From GeekTyrant. 27 August 2014, 5:05 PM, PDT)
Jan Delay (I)
- Gentle Giant Reveals Boba Fett Life-Size Action Figure (From DailyDead. 21 August 2014, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- 'Godzilla 2' Waits Until 2018 (From LatinoReview. 14 August 2014, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Gary Whitta Begins Writing Star Wars Spin-Off Movie Screenplay (From TheHDRoom. 9 August 2014, 8:46 AM, PDT)