People are constantly making comparisons between Nintendo and Apple. Which is understandable; both are figureheads and innovators in their respective fields: video games and personal computing. Though Nintendo is often a favorite target of Apple diehards, who often state that the house that Mario built should just throw in the towel when it comes to hardware are just make games for iOS.
Yet anyone familiar with video game history knows that such a move would not end well. Just take a look at what happened to Sega. Plus there is plenty of evidence to show that Nintendo is doing well for itself (like the report earlier today that says the 3Ds, in many ways a competitor to the iPhone and iPad, is killing it in Japan).
- Matthew Hawkins
Similar News ItemsSteve Jobs
- Females On Film: Ranking the summer's biggest box office winners based on lady roles (From Hitfix. 20 August 2014, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- Kim Kardashian Squeezes into Outfit for Hamptons Dinner - Fashion Sense Mocked by Kelly Cutrone (From National Ledger. 14 August 2014, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Remembering Robin Williams Through The Performances He Left Behind (From FilmSchoolRejects. 13 August 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- 21 Gaming Memories Only 90s Kids Will Have (From Obsessed with Film. 16 August 2014, 11:54 PM, PDT)
- Star Fox Wii U: 10 Killer Features It Must Have (From Obsessed with Film. 17 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Nintendo to Stream New Fatal Frame / Project Zero on July 17th (From Dread Central. 16 July 2014, 12:28 PM, PDT)