People are constantly making comparisons between Nintendo and Apple. Which is understandable; both are figureheads and innovators in their respective fields: video games and personal computing. Though Nintendo is often a favorite target of Apple diehards, who often state that the house that Mario built should just throw in the towel when it comes to hardware are just make games for iOS.
Yet anyone familiar with video game history knows that such a move would not end well. Just take a look at what happened to Sega. Plus there is plenty of evidence to show that Nintendo is doing well for itself (like the report earlier today that says the 3Ds, in many ways a competitor to the iPhone and iPad, is killing it in Japan).
- Matthew Hawkins
Similar News ItemsSteve Jobs
- Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon Review (From HeyUGuys. 14 July 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- The HeyUGuys Instant Watching Guide – July 14th 2014 (From HeyUGuys. 14 July 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Is 'True Detective' worthy? 'Modern Family,' again? The critics react to 2014's Emmy nods (From EW.com - Inside TV. 10 July 2014, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- Star Fox Wii U: 10 Killer Features It Must Have (From Obsessed with Film. 17 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Nintendo to Stream New Fatal Frame / Project Zero on July 17th (From Dread Central. 16 July 2014, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Can Virtual Reality Deliver on its “Revolutionary” Promises? (From SoundOnSight. 4 July 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)