People are constantly making comparisons between Nintendo and Apple. Which is understandable; both are figureheads and innovators in their respective fields: video games and personal computing. Though Nintendo is often a favorite target of Apple diehards, who often state that the house that Mario built should just throw in the towel when it comes to hardware are just make games for iOS.
Yet anyone familiar with video game history knows that such a move would not end well. Just take a look at what happened to Sega. Plus there is plenty of evidence to show that Nintendo is doing well for itself (like the report earlier today that says the 3Ds, in many ways a competitor to the iPhone and iPad, is killing it in Japan).
- Matthew Hawkins
Similar News ItemsSteve Jobs
- Film Friday Episode 22 [February 12th, 2016]: Deadpool (From The Hollywood News. 12 February 2016, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Writers Guild of America Awards predictions: Oscar frontrunners 'Spotlight' and 'The Big Short' will win (From Gold Derby. 11 February 2016, 8:53 AM, PST)
- new and ongoing dvd & streaming releases, Us/Can/UK, from Feb 08-09 (From FlickFilosopher. 9 February 2016, 2:01 PM, PST)
Shigeru Miyamoto (I)
- Bethesda’s Todd Howard Earns Game Developers Choice Lifetime Achievement Award (From Flickeringmyth. 6 February 2016, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Shigeru Miyamoto Thought GoldenEye 007 Was Too Violent, Says Ex-Rare Employee (From We Got This Covered. 26 October 2015, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- GoldenEye: Nintendo wanted Bond to "shake hands" with enemies (From Den of Geek. 26 October 2015, 4:37 AM, PDT)
- Nintendo To License More Characters For Use In Film And Anime In 2016 (From ComicBookMovie. 19 January 2016, 5:26 AM, PST)
- The Nintendo Nx Won’t Be Another Wii Or Wii U, Says Company’s President (From We Got This Covered. 3 December 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Star Fox Zero Takes Flight With An Official Release Date And A New Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 12 November 2015, 6:32 PM, PST)