The businessman claimed she deliberately lied about her job at his company being a "sham" in a bid to ruin his reputation. He sought £50,000 compensation for legal costs and damages as a result of the case.
English, who won series six of The Apprentice in 2010, told a tribunal in April how she was forced out of the firm and shunned by colleagues, but her allegations were unanimously dismissed.
Lord Sugar's legal team had argued to Stratford Employment Tribunal that he believed English knew the claims were untrue but went ahead with her case to remain in the public eye.
However, following the ruling in English's favour, her lawyer Henry Hendron said: "My client is over the moon the employment tribunal have found in her »
Similar News ItemsAlan Sugar
- Loving review (From Den of Geek. 6 February 2017, 5:34 AM, PST)
- The Apprentice 2016 final – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 18 December 2016, 2:11 PM, PST)
- The Apprentice 2016, week 11 – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 15 December 2016, 2:00 PM, PST)
"The Apprentice" (2005)
- The Apprentice 2016, week three – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 October 2016, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- The Apprentice: launch audience down by 900,000 (From The Guardian - TV News. 7 October 2016, 7:35 AM, PDT)
- The Apprentice 2016, week one – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 6 October 2016, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- The Apprentice: BBC is planning an All-Stars edition, claims last series winner Mark Wright (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 October 2015, 3:47 AM, PDT)
- 'Apprentice' Stella English: 'Lord Sugar battle is a living nightmare' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 September 2013, 5:34 AM, PDT)
- Stella English: 'I'm broke and wish I'd never done The Apprentice' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 September 2013, 5:34 AM, PDT)