An adaptation of 60s series The Man From U.N.C.L.E has been trapped in development hell for years. Ti charts the spy show’s tortuous journey to the big screen...
For those of you that were kids or teenagers during the 1990s and were into cult TV, you will know that The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was a staple of Friday nights.
Although it was made in the 1960s, during the 1990s, BBC2 would show the likes of Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Stingray at 6pm on a Friday night, and each time they would be followed by an episode of The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
As such, the phrase “Open channel six”, the catchy theme and the agents’ yellow triangular badges signifying their rank in the organisation became very familiar...
For those unfamiliar with the series, it followed global spy force U.N.C.L.E (The United Network »
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- 12 Days of Bingeing? December Gets Busy With TV Series Premieres (From Variety - TV News. 26 November 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Directing a Dark Comedy About Mental Warfare (From MovieWeb. 25 November 2015, 4:07 PM, PST)
- "Spotlight" Director Tom McCarthy to Receive Sonny Bono Visionary Award at 27th Annual Psiff Awards Gala (From Manny the Movie Guy. 24 November 2015, 10:08 AM, PST)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
- The Week in Spandex – Jessica Jones, Captain America: Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, X-Men: Apocalypse, Gambit, Wonder Woman, Justice League Dark, Justice League Mortal, The Flash, Arrow and more (From Flickeringmyth. 21 November 2015, 5:23 AM, PST)
- James McAvoy details a ridiculous deleted scene from X-Men: First Class (From Flickeringmyth. 20 November 2015, 4:40 AM, PST)
- Singer Teases "X-Men: Apocalypse" Trailer (From Dark Horizons. 19 November 2015, 6:08 PM, PST)
- Comic Book Review – Huck #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Kick-Ass Scribe Mark Millar Weighs In On Man Of Steel’s Controversial Finale (From We Got This Covered. 20 November 2015, 8:18 AM, PST)
- Chloë Grace Moretz In "Nylon" (From SneakPeek. 19 November 2015, 1:19 PM, PST)