Boyd has written a new Bond novel, set in 1969, in the style of original author Ian Fleming.
He told The Independent: "If there was going to be an actor to play my James Bond, I'd choose another actor who's been in a film of mine and who is also called Daniel.
"Daniel Day-Lewis actually resembles the Bond that Fleming describes. He was a tall, lean, rangy, very dark-haired, good-looking man. There's a sense that image is what he saw his Bond looking like."
Boyd also said he felt that the most recent actors were getting "further and further away from Fleming's Bond".
He added: "The current Bond is fantastically interesting even though the current films are half a century on than the novels. The link gets fainter and fainter. The Bond films are all contemporary. »
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Development on Bond 25 to begin in the Spring (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 11:20 AM, PST)
- Work on the next Bond movie will start in the spring of 2016 (From The Hollywood News. 26 November 2015, 11:53 PM, PST)
- Pierce Brosnan says he felt “kicked to the kerb” with Bond exit (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 1:05 PM, PST)
- 10 Great Boxing Movies to Watch After Seeing ‘Creed’ (From The Film Stage. 27 November 2015, 11:09 AM, PST)
- "Spotlight" Director Tom McCarthy to Receive Sonny Bono Visionary Award at 27th Annual Psiff Awards Gala (From Manny the Movie Guy. 24 November 2015, 10:08 AM, PST)
- Top 10 Best Lgbtqa Films Every Non-lgbtqa Person Should See! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 24 November 2015, 9:53 AM, PST)
Damian Lewis (I)
- Billions Sneak Peek: Malin Akerman, Maggie Siff Are Not to Be Effed With (From TVLine.com. 19 November 2015, 12:08 PM, PST)
- 'Queen of the Desert' Review: Kidman and Pattinson Fall Flat (From MovieWeb. 10 November 2015, 9:04 AM, PST)
- Latest odds on who will play the next James Bond (From The Hollywood News. 10 November 2015, 1:20 AM, PST)