The businessman claims she deliberately lied about her job at his company being a "sham" in a bid to ruin his reputation. He wants the five-figure compensation for legal costs and damages.
English, who won series six of The Apprentice in 2010, told a tribunal in April how she was forced out of the firm and shunned by colleagues, but her allegations were unanimously dismissed.
Lord Sugar's lawyer Seamus Sweeney has since told Stratford Employment Tribunal that he believes English knew the claims were untrue but went ahead with her case to remain in the public eye.
"We recognise it is not normal to bring costs claims at a tribunal but we maintain that the proceedings brought were completely unreasonable," he said.
"The claimant knew her allegations that the job was »
Similar News ItemsAlan Sugar
- Doctor Who: looking back at Chris Chibnall's episodes (From Den of Geek. 25 January 2016, 9:44 PM, PST)
- The Apprentice 2015: the Final – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 December 2015, 3:09 PM, PST)
- The Apprentice Series 11 Episode 11 Review – ‘Interviews’ (From Flickeringmyth. 20 December 2015, 5:30 AM, PST)
"The Apprentice" (2005)
- Bake Off: Crème de la Crème review – a bland spin-off that feels like a neverending MasterChef quarter final (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 March 2016, 11:20 PM, PDT)
- Alan Sugar hits out at Sun's coverage of Harold Shipman Twitter prank (From The Guardian - TV News. 1 January 2016, 7:21 AM, PST)
- Galavant Rides Again With Awkward Bromance, a Han Solo Moment and a Bawdy Tune You May Never Hear (From TVLine.com. 30 December 2015, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Louis Theroux webchat – your questions answered on Jimmy Savile, Islam and Scientology (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 May 2016, 5:41 AM, PDT)
- 9 Bizarre Lawsuits Filed Against The Grand Theft Auto Series (From Obsessed with Film. 16 March 2016, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- My Scientology Movie review [Lff 2015]: “Hysterically funny” (From The Hollywood News. 14 October 2015, 4:39 AM, PDT)