We may have got James Bond slightly wrong. Yes, he is a prodigious drinker, heavy smoker and consummate killer, but when it comes to his womanising, the author of his new incarnation believes that the spy was more honourable than some think. "It seems to me he wants a relationship," said William Boyd. "It is not just casual sex."
Boyd was speaking at the launch of his new Bond book, Solo, at which he was asked who his favourite Bond girl was. "I'm not too keen on the expression 'Bond girl' because I think Bond has relationships with women," he said. Having said that, he named the character Honeychile Rider – "nothing to do with Ursula Andress playing her in the movie … I think she is a very interesting Bond woman".
Boyd should know, »
- Mark Brown
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Star Wars: Rogue One Deleted Scene Details, Cut Cameo Revealed (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2016, 11:28 AM, PDT)
- Tum Bin 2’s 007 connection (From Bollyspice. 19 October 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Keeping Up With the Joneses’ (From Variety - Film News. 18 October 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Pamela Anderson, Jude Law, Daniel Day-Lewis And Cindy Crawford’s Sons Are All Grown Up And Modeling Together (From ET Canada. 20 October 2016, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- ‘Silence’ First Look: See Adam Driver in Martin Scorsese’s Latest Epic (From Indiewire. 19 October 2016, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- New York Film Review: ‘The Lost City of Z’ (From Variety - Film News. 15 October 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
Ian Fleming (I)
- Timeless: Why There's a Lot More to Abigail Spencer's Character Than Meets the Eye (From BuzzSugar. 13 October 2016, 4:55 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ Making Of Doc: A Detailed Look Inside The Complicated (And Classic) 1977 Bond Film (From Indiewire. 10 October 2016, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- A Cinema Retro Report: Daniel Craig Talks James Bond, Othello, "Blade Runner" And "Star Wars" (From CinemaRetro. 8 October 2016, 1:10 PM, PDT)