One of Hollywood's coolest kids, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, makes his feature film-directing debut with this month's Don Jon, which screened as part of the Toronto International Film Festival earlier in September.
He also wrote and stars in the comedy as a porn-addicted, church-going gym rat who falls for a hopeless romantic played by Scarlett Johansson and cast his Angels in the Outfield (1994) co-star Tony Danza as his undershirt-wearing, pasta-loving papa. Julianne Moore also shows up as an unlikely force of good in his life and Brie Larson has what amounts to a cameo but boy is it funny.
We spoke with the 32-year-old about the subtle, funny and meaningful messages behind his very personal comedy. »
- Mathilde Roy - Cineplex Magazine
Similar News ItemsScarlett Johansson
- Brie Larson Wishes Captain Marvel Movies Existed When She Was Growing Up (From MovieWeb. 26 March 2017, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- ‘A Brief History of Hollywood Whitewashing’ Video Traces Controversy Before ‘Ghost in the Shell’ — Watch (From Indiewire. 26 March 2017, 10:46 AM, PDT)
- ‘Sing’ Gives Voice To $600M At Worldwide Box Office (From Deadline. 26 March 2017, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to direct and star in R-rated musical comedy alongside Channing Tatum (From Flickeringmyth. 26 March 2017, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- Links: New Musicals, Life Tips, Netflix vs Hollywood (From FilmExperience. 25 March 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Nears Deal to Direct, Star in Channing Tatum Musical (From Indiewire. 25 March 2017, 6:48 AM, PDT)
- Nicole Kidman and Amy Schumer to Star in Rebecca Miller’s “She Came to Me” (From Women and Hollywood. 24 March 2017, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- "Kingsman: The Golden Circle" Leaked Footage (From SneakPeek. 23 March 2017, 3:49 PM, PDT)
- Colin Farrell & Yorgos Lanthimos re-team for Amazon series (From The Hollywood News. 21 March 2017, 1:45 AM, PDT)