The Walt Disney Studios and Jerry Bruckheimer have decided not to renew their first-look deal when it expires next year. Disney will continue to focus on its branded properties including Disney, Pixar, Marvel and now Lucasfilm, while Bruckheimer is looking to produce more mature films outside the scope of the Disney brand. Disney and Bruckheimer will continue working together on various projects including the fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Together Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer have produced such blockbuster hits as the Pirates of The Caribbean and National Treasure films under the Disney brand as well as adult action dramas like Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, Con Air, and The Rock through the Touchstone label.
Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn had this to say.
"Jerry is one of the most respected and prolific producers working in the motion picture industry, and we have had an incredibly successful collaboration over the »
Similar News ItemsJerry Bruckheimer
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 may begin shooting in Australia in early 2015 (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2014, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- 'Pirates 5' May Be Planning a 2015 Shoot in Australia (From MovieWeb. 18 August 2014, 5:12 PM, PDT)
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5′ May Begin Filming in Australia in Early 2015 (From Screen Rant. 18 August 2014, 3:40 PM, PDT)
National Treasure (2004)
- Page 2: Star Wars, Robin Williams, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Gravity, Frozen, National Treasure, The Thing, Firefly (From Slash Film. 21 August 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- There Should Be A(nother) Sequel: 'National Treasure' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 17 August 2014, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- The Best Answers From Sean Bean’s Reddit Ama (From Vulture. 5 August 2014, 9:55 PM, PDT)
- Watch: What If Michael Bay Directed 'Up'? (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 August 2014, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg may star in Bp oil disaster film (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 19 August 2014, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- Lucy, The Core, and scientific accuracy in films (From Den of Geek. 19 August 2014, 8:19 AM, PDT)