Legendary Alternative rock band Pixies formed in Boston in 1986, comprising of front man Black Francis, Joey Santiago on guitars, bass player Kim Deal, and drummer David Lovering on drums. The 4 albums they released before their breakup in 1993 have gone down in history as some of the most influential albums in Alt-Rock history.
They’re noteworthy not just because of how good the music is, but how surrealist the bands lyrics are. Now, after the release of ‘Ep-1′ and ‘Bagboy’, the bands first material since comeback single ‘Bam Thwok’ back in 2004, and the departure of Kim Deal, I look back at the weird and wonderful Pixies songs to come out of the mind of the band.
Here are 10 of the maddest;
Opening with that iconic bass line, ‘Debaser’, the opening track from the band’s second album ‘Doolittle’, is not only musically genius, but lyrically mad. Inspired by a Salvador Dali and Luis Bunuel, »
- Andrew Simon Noel
Similar News ItemsSalvador Dalí
- Malkovich Becomes Einstein, Marilyn, Picasso and Others in Funny, Creepy, Brilliant Photo Series (From Alt Film Guide. 25 September 2014, 4:34 PM, PDT)
- Jack And The Cuckoo Clock Heart – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 September 2014, 8:12 PM, PDT)
- John Malkovich becomes John Lennon, Marilyn Monroe in these photographs (From EW.com - PopWatch. 22 September 2014, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- The Definitive ‘What the F**k?’ Movies: 20-11 (From SoundOnSight. 13 September 2014, 7:07 PM, PDT)
- A Pigeon Sat On A Branch Reflecting On Existence Caspule Review [Tiff 2014] (From We Got This Covered. 11 September 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- The HeyUGuys World Cinema Index: France – Five Films to Start With (From HeyUGuys. 10 September 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
Un Chien Andalou (1929)
- The Definitive ‘What the F**k?’ Movies: 10-1 (From SoundOnSight. 23 September 2014, 8:26 PM, PDT)
- Review: David Lynch's "Eraserhead" (1977) Criterion Special Blu-ray Edition (From CinemaRetro. 16 September 2014, 3:13 AM, PDT)
- See Reddit users’ favorite movie from each year (From SoundOnSight. 2 September 2014, 12:56 PM, PDT)