Mark Burnett takes a deep breath as he looks out over the expanse of the Pacific Ocean from the backyard of his Malibu home. With his flip-flop-clad feet propped up on a table next to a cup of tea, the prolific producer of “The Voice,” “Survivor,” “Celebrity Apprentice,” “Shark Tank” and other shows digresses to explain why the number 13 means so much to him.
“I have had visions of the numbers one and three my whole life,” he says.
There’s nothing unlucky about 13 for Burnett. It’s no accident, he says, that 2013 has been a year of tremendous growth for One Three Media, the busy production company Burnett co-owns with Hearst Corp.
Reflecting Burnett’s abiding Christian faith, 13 is symbolic of Jesus and his 12 apostles. One and three are also numerical shorthand for God, the one, and the trinity of the father, the son and the holy spirit.
On a corporeal plane, »
- Cynthia Littleton
Similar News Items"The Voice" (2011)
- Mark Burnett’s Ties to Trump Put Him in Tricky Situation (From Variety - TV News. 19 January 2017, 11:20 AM, PST)
- Blake Shelton On People’s Choice Wins, Valentine’s Plans: ‘Gwen’s A Sucker For Romance’ (From ET Canada. 19 January 2017, 9:15 AM, PST)
- Blake Shelton Gushes Over Gwen Stefani, ‘the Hottest Date’ at the People’s Choice Awards (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 5:20 AM, PST)
"Good Morning America" (1975)
- Ivanka Trump Says She and ‘Very Good Friend’ Chelsea Clinton Haven’t Spoken Since Blistering 2016 Campaign (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 8:50 PM, PST)
- Deion Sanders Honors Late Youth Football Coach Who Suffered a Heart Attack Before His Hall of Fame Win (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 12:45 PM, PST)
- In Frenzied News Cycle, George Stephanopoulos’ Presence on ABC Poised to Grow (From Variety - TV News. 19 January 2017, 8:41 AM, PST)
"Entertainment Tonight" (1981)
- Michael Bublé Pulls Out of Brit Awards Hosting Gig to Focus on Family (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 12:15 PM, PST)
- The Fuller House Cast Has Big Plans for the Original Tanner Family Home: ‘We Expect a Lot of Slumber Parties in There’ (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 11:30 AM, PST)
- Colin Mochrie's Unconditional Love For His Transgender Daughter Will Warm Your Heart (From Popsugar. 19 January 2017, 11:20 AM, PST)