With "Star Wars: Episode VII" growing closer to a production start, all any fan wants is information about the movie. Well, here's one little tidbit: Ewan McGregor hasn't been contacted about appearing.
McGregor confirmed that much during the Toronto International Film Festival, according to E! News. "They haven't phoned me yet," he says while walking the red carpet for his new movie, "August: Osage County." Should the call come though, Ewan says, "I'd be up for it."
Seeing as "Episode VII" takes place after the death of his character, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ewan shouldn't be holding his breath waiting for director J.J. Abrams to call. Additionally, fans of the franchise might get a little restless about that possibility, considering how many of them feel about the prequels.
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Oren Uziel Discusses Directorial Debut ‘Shimmer Lake,’ ‘God Particle’ Joining ‘Cloverfield’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2017, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars 8 to Unmask Captain Phasma? (From MovieWeb. 25 May 2017, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Mark Hamill Promises That Star Wars: The Last Jedi Will Be “Different” (From We Got This Covered. 24 May 2017, 4:26 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- ‘Star Wars’ 40th Anniversary: Cast Then and Now (Photos) (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- May the 40th Be With You: 25 Stellar Facts to Celebrate 40 Years of Star Wars (From Cineplex. 25 May 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- How Mark Hamill wanted to change Han Solo’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens death (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2017, 6:25 AM, PDT)
- GLAAD Report: Major Film Studios Fail to Increase Lgbt Representation (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Benedict Cumberbatch mindfulness documentary scores key deals (From ScreenDaily. 23 May 2017, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- The Grinch: first pic from new CG reboot (From Den of Geek. 23 May 2017, 9:54 PM, PDT)