Review Louisa Mellor 15 Sep 2013 - 22:00
What Remains concludes in melodrama and murder. Here’s Louisa’s review of the final episode…
This review contains spoilers.
“I don’t want to be alone” wheezed Len Harper in the final minute of What Remains. ‘No-one does, do they? That’s pretty much what this whole thing’s been about’ he might have added were his guts not making a bloody mess of the hall carpet at the time. Detective Harper’s empathy with murder victim Melissa eventually became so complete that he expired (or was at least on his way to it) just a floor below her, stabbed by the girlfriend of her killer. Tsk. What are the odds?
Not high. The last sensational moments of What Remains, which piled another three corpses onto the roll-call of the dead at 8 Coulthard Street, eschewed realism by stitching a horror movie ending onto »
Similar News ItemsMurder on the Orient Express (1974)
- Film Review: ‘The Loft’ (From Variety - Film News. 1 February 2015, 1:40 AM, PST)
- Penn Is Latest Hollywood Celeb to Take Home French Academy's Honor (From Alt Film Guide. 28 January 2015, 1:46 PM, PST)
- Baumbach's While We're Young to open Glasgow (From ScreenDaily. 21 January 2015, 11:15 AM, PST)
"What Remains" (2013)
- Critics’ Rearview: Sundance Offers Rich Diversity in 2015 (From Variety - Film News. 30 January 2015, 10:20 AM, PST)
- 'Avengers 2': Andy Serkis Character Details Revealed? (From MovieWeb. 23 January 2015, 12:50 PM, PST)
- Notebook Reviews: Tsui Hark's "The Taking of Tiger Mountain" (From MUBI. 13 January 2015, 5:46 AM, PST)
- Mark Gatiss interview: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Space And Time (From Den of Geek. 7 September 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Sophie Turner says Sansa's 'Game of Thrones' season 5 storyline was a 'big surprise' (From Hitfix. 22 August 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Game Of Thrones Actress Sophie Turner Joins Mary Shelley's Monster (From GeekTyrant. 14 August 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)