Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara has called Ben Affleck "perfect" for the role of Batman.
"Ben is perfect for the vision Zack has for that character. The fact that you saw such a passionate response in the blogosphere is really kind of a testament to the love that people have for this character," he said.
Tsujihara teased that Affleck will portray Batman as "tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for a while."
He added: "We think it's going to be huge. We think it's the perfect springboard for Batman and Superman."
Tsujihara also hinted that several more DC superhero-related announcements will be made in the coming months, involving video games, consumer products, television and film. »
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- Golden Globes nominations: McQueen, Elba and Ejiofor head breakthrough (From The Guardian - Film News. 12 December 2013, 4:06 PM, PST)
- Entertainment Geekly: The Golden Globes' Comedy Snafu, and how to fix it (Hint: More awards) (From EW.com - PopWatch. 12 December 2013, 2:29 PM, PST)
- Golden Globes 2014: 12 Years a Slave and American Hustle lead the pack (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 December 2013, 8:06 AM, PST)
Man of Steel (2013)
- Uncle Creepy's Blu Christmas Buyer's Guide 2013 (From Dread Central. 12 December 2013, 5:00 PM, PST)
- 114 Scores Eligible for Oscar Consideration Including Hans Zimmer’s Man Of Steel, John Williams’ The Book Thief, and Steven Price’s Gravity (From Collider.com. 12 December 2013, 4:21 PM, PST)
- Academy Qualifies 114 Scores for Oscars (From The Wrap. 12 December 2013, 3:53 PM, PST)
- Twilight's Kellan Lutz Brings Hercules To Life In New Trailer, Images (From Cinema Blend. 12 December 2013, 11:58 AM, PST)
- Jason Momoa In Talks To Join 'Man Of Steel' Sequel (From Uinterview. 11 December 2013, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Amy Adams Talks Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs Superman’ (From The Hollywood News. 11 December 2013, 5:32 PM, PST)