Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara has called Ben Affleck "perfect" for the role of Batman.
"Ben is perfect for the vision Zack has for that character. The fact that you saw such a passionate response in the blogosphere is really kind of a testament to the love that people have for this character," he said.
Tsujihara teased that Affleck will portray Batman as "tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for a while."
He added: "We think it's going to be huge. We think it's the perfect springboard for Batman and Superman."
Tsujihara also hinted that several more DC superhero-related announcements will be made in the coming months, involving video games, consumer products, television and film. »
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- Oscars 2015: 5 early predictions for next year's nominations (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 March 2014, 9:37 AM, PST)
- Ben Affleck will be great as Batman, says Michael Keaton (From RealBollywood. 7 March 2014, 3:05 AM, PST)
- Kevin Spacey praises Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor: 'He will own it' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 March 2014, 5:32 PM, PST)
Man of Steel (2013)
- Uma Thurman In Talks For American Ultra (From We Got This Covered. 8 March 2014, 3:39 AM, PST)
- Box Office: 300: Rise Of An Empire Seizes Glory With $40M+ Opening (From ComicBookMovie. 8 March 2014, 12:47 AM, PST)
- Michael Keaton comments on the Ben Affleck casting backlash for Batman vs. Superman (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 3:47 PM, PST)
- Review: 300: Rise of an Empire (From Slackerwood. 8 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex - Batman vs. Superman, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Watchmen, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash and more (From Flickeringmyth. 8 March 2014, 5:48 AM, PST)
- 300: Rise of an Empire - What Did You Think? (From Worst Previews. 8 March 2014, 4:52 AM, PST)