CBS will be heading back to the “Big Brother” house next summer, as the Eye renews the veteran unscripted series for a 16th season.
“Big Brother: After Dark,” which transitioned to TV Guide Network for its most recent run, has also been renewed.
The summer staple program debuted on CBS in 2000, and this year has averaged 7.29 million viewers. Buoyed by a slew of scandals over racist and other offensive on-air remarks from cast members, “Big Brother” has seen a 11% lift in viewers compared to last year.
- AJ Marechal
Similar News Items"Big Brother" (2000/II)
- Last Night’s “Survivor”: Stone Cold Stud (From The Backlot. 5 December 2013, 5:35 AM, PST)
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Unbelievable - Ciera steps up big time (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 4 December 2013, 6:12 PM, PST)
- 'Big Brother's' Rachel Reilly and Brendon Villegas back on 'The Amazing Race'? (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 26 November 2013, 4:51 PM, PST)
- Julie Chen 'Enraged' By 'Big Brother' Contestants (From Huffington Post. 15 July 2013, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Why 'Big Brother' Finally Aired The Racist Comments (From Huffington Post. 9 July 2013, 6:51 AM, PDT)
- 'Big Brother' summer twists revealed (From EW.com - Inside TV. 19 June 2013, 9:16 AM, PDT)
- CBS’ ‘Big Brother’ Renewed For Season 16 (From Deadline TV. 12 September 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Big Brother 15 Serving Up New Mvp Houseguest Twist To Keep Floaters In Check,New Spoiler (From OnTheFlix. 20 June 2013, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Big Brother 15 New Twist Will Nominate 3 People For Eviction Each Week Instead Of 2 (From OnTheFlix. 20 June 2013, 11:56 AM, PDT)