Arsenio Hall's return to late-night television worked out pretty well -- at least on night one.
The debut of "The Arsenio Hall Show" in syndication Monday night (Sept. 9) scored solid ratings with a 1.9 household rating in overnight metered markets. The show also led all the broadcast-network late-night shows -- all of which had new episodes Monday -- among adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
Hall also finished first among late-night talkers in Los Angeles and second in New York, behind "The Late Show with David Letterman." One night does not a successful late-night franchise make, but it's a good start.
More TV news and notes:
- The CW will have a half-hour comedy on its schedule in 2013-14. The network has picked up a Canadian show called "Seed," which centers on a bartender (Adam Korson) who's also a sperm donor. He's drawn into relationships with three families who have used his donations. »
Similar News Items"The Office" (2005)
- 10 Hulu Originals You Should Be Watching, From ‘The Path’ to ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ (Photos) (From The Wrap. 26 May 2017, 6:47 PM, PDT)
- From ‘The Office’ to ‘Wonder Woman’: Get to Know Lucy Davis (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 May 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Just Four of the New Fall Broadcast TV Series Are Women-Created (From Women and Hollywood. 25 May 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
"Top Chef" (2006)
- Emmy Preview: Who’s In and Who’s Out in Nine Key Categories (From Variety - TV News. 24 May 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Vanessa Lachey and Curtis Stone Join Top Chef Junior as Host and Head Judge (From PEOPLE.com. 12 May 2017, 7:03 PM, PDT)
- Gail Simmons’ First Cookbook Is a ‘Love Letter’ to the Chefs Who Taught Her to Cook—See the Cover (From PEOPLE.com. 10 May 2017, 7:13 AM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman shares his thoughts on recasting Wolverine (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Logan was going to open with the death of the X-Men (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2017, 2:41 PM, PDT)
- Review: Logan (From Comicmix. 25 May 2017, 12:52 PM, PDT)