NBC Universal has named Kevin MacLellan chairman of its international operations. He replaces Jeff Shell, who Monday was named chairman of the conglom’s Universal Filmed Entertainment Group in Los Angeles. The move is effective immediately.
MacLellan will take responsibility for day-to-day operations and lead international expansion opportunities, and efforts to increase non-u.S. revenues. He will also work to develop collaborative business growth across NBCUniversal operations outside North America. MacLellan will continue to hold the position’s duties of supporting Comcast’s overseas expansion strategy., MacLellan will join the executive committee of NBCUniversal.
Previously, MacLellan was president of international television for NBCU, appointed following Comcast’s acquisition of NBCUniversal in 2011. Before that, MacLellan served as president of Comcast International Media Group and Comcast Entertainment Studios, and was responsible for Comcast’s international television and new media properties internationally. He was also responsible for all original production for the networks domestically and internationally. »
- Brian Steinberg
Similar News ItemsComedy Central [us]
- Donald Trump’s Presidency Yields Boom in Satirical Comedy TV Series, Apps (From Variety - TV News. 17 August 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Why Jordan Klepper’s Alex Jones Approach to Conspiracy Satire is a Tricky Prospect (From Indiewire. 25 July 2017, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Why Jordan Klepper’s Alex Jones Approach to Conspiracy Satire is a Tricky Prospect (From Indiewire Television. 25 July 2017, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Comcast Q2 Earnings: ‘Fate of the Furious’ Box Office Drives NBCU Parent to Strong Growth (From The Wrap. 27 July 2017, 3:21 AM, PDT)
- 19 Media and Entertainment CEOs Ranked by Likability, From Least to Most (Photos) (From The Wrap. 31 May 2017, 7:14 PM, PDT)
- Dave Watson to Replace Neil Smit as Comcast Cable CEO (From The Wrap. 20 March 2017, 6:09 AM, PDT)
- NBCU Shake-Up: Kevin MacLellan Takes Jeff Shell's Former Position (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 10 September 2013, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- Kevin MacLellan Replacing Jeffrey Shell as Head of NBCU International (From The Wrap. 10 September 2013, 8:44 AM, PDT)
- NBCU Taps Kevin MacLellan To Run International In Wake Of Jeff Shell’s Promotion (From Deadline TV. 10 September 2013, 8:34 AM, PDT)