Stephen Geoffreys, equally famous for playing Evil Ed in the original Fright Night and later appearing in a slew of gay porn flicks, stars in Do Not Disturb cheaply-produced and, at times, brutal horror flick about a Hollywood screenwriter holed up in a cheap hotel while working on a horror/revenge flick. Somewhat down on his luck, Don (Geoffreys) is on-edge, drinking heavily and alienating friends and professional acquaintances.
Obsessed with building the perfect "killer" script, Don ventures deep down the rabbit hole, taking his writing entirely too literally, turning his talent for the written word into a talent for brutality and murder. Somewhat meta in its approach, Do Not Disturb is a fairly interesting character study, mostly buoyed by Geoffreys' solid performance. Though he's far from the hysterical, creepy and intense little kid in Fright Night, he's still a solid performer.
- Robert Ottone
Similar News ItemsFright Night (1985)
- Scream Factory triple review: White Of The Eye, The Car and Women’S Prison Massacre!! (From Icons of Fright. 11 December 2015, 1:33 PM, PST)
- Blu-ray Clips & Trailers from Demon Knight, Bordello Of Blood and The Larry Fessenden Collection (From DailyDead. 16 October 2015, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Nostalgia power: The best of the '80s for Father's Day (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 June 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
Evil Ed (1995)
- New Pillows Parody The Exorcist’s Regan & Fright Night’s Evil Ed (From DailyDead. 27 October 2015, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- Impressions of Evil Dead: The Musical (From DailyDead. 16 July 2014, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- New Fright Night Shirt, Featuring Evil Ed (From DailyDead. 13 December 2013, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Fright Night 30th Anniversary Vinyl Soundtrack Release Details & Artwork (From DailyDead. 11 February 2016, 1:25 PM, PST)
- Examining Hollywood Remakes: Fright Night (From Cinelinx. 25 January 2016, 6:17 PM, PST)
- The Lazarus Apocalypse is Upon Us! Thomas J. Churchill and Company DVD Autograph Signing in Burbank September 26, 2015 (From Horror News. 16 September 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)