The film claimed the weekend’s No. 1 spot, unseating the Weinstein Co.’s “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” which fell to second place with $8.9 million. The three-week champ, which fell just 40% in its fourth frame, reached $91.9 million Stateside through Sunday.
Total domestic box office was up over this time last year by roughly 25%, thanks also to a excellent expansion for Lionsgate-Pantelion’s “Instructions Not Included.” The Hispanic-targeted crowdpleaser earned $8.1 million from just 717 locations, up from 384 last weekend, for a Stateside cume now past $20 million.
It was a sci-fi-themed weekend globally: Sony’s futuristic pic “Elysium” ranked first overseas with an estimated $21.2 million, of which China contributed $11.7 million in its first weekend locally. In total, “Elysium” has cumed $127 million internationally and $212 million worldwide.
See Also: »
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- The Justin Bieber Redemption Tour Now Includes Buying Shots at a College Bar (From Vulture. 29 November 2015, 8:31 PM, PST)
- Inside Justin Bieber's Wild Thanksgiving: College Bar Visits, Surprise Concerts, But No Holiday Parades (From E! Online. 29 November 2015, 3:59 PM, PST)
- The X Factor 2015: week five – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 November 2015, 12:58 PM, PST)
Michael Jackson (I)
- Review: SkiSwitcher 2 by Peter Schwartz (From SCOREcastOnline.com. 29 November 2015, 5:16 PM, PST)
- Strictly Come Dancing 2015: week 10 – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 29 November 2015, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Pentatonix's "Joy to the World" Rendition Will Literally Inject You With the Holiday Spirit (From BuzzSugar. 24 November 2015)
- "Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2" - 'Gamora' Behind The Scenes (From SneakPeek. 26 November 2015, 10:06 AM, PST)
- Zoe Saldana Getting Ready For 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.' (From LatinoReview. 25 November 2015, 12:18 PM, PST)
- Behind-The-Scenes Image For Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Features Zoe Saldana As Gamora (From We Got This Covered. 25 November 2015, 11:47 AM, PST)