South African heist thriller “iNumber Number” has been picked up for international distribution by Hong Kong and Amsterdam-based Fortissimo Films.
The picture has its world premiere in the Contemporary World Cinema section of the Toronto Film Festival.
“Number” is the fourth film to be directed by Donovan Marsh. Cast features many performers from “Tsotsi” and “District 9,” including Presley Chweneyagae, Israel Makoe, Owen Sejake, Brandon Auret and Daniel Hadebe.
Fortissimo has all rights outside North America and South Africa. North American sales are handled by Xyz Films, while Indigenous Films will dial up a release for “Number” in the first quarter of 2014.
It was produced by Harriet Gavshon, Jp Potgieter, Marsh and Mariki Van Der Walt. Filming on location in Soweto, Johanesburg and Hartbeespoort Dam was by cinematographery Tom Marais with production design by Chantel Carter.
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsDistrict 9 (2009)
- "Alien vs. Predator" Scribe Responds To Weaver (From Dark Horizons. 23 July 2015, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Stx launches sales division (From ScreenDaily. 22 July 2015, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Nerd Alert: Ant-Man Shrinking Science, Star Wars Oculus Rift and More (From MovieWeb. 22 July 2015, 10:56 AM, PDT)
XYZ Films [us]
- First Images Of Jamie Bell And Mark Strong In Toa Fraser's Six Days (From Twitch. 30 July 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- District 9 screenwriter to adapt Apocalypse Now Now (From Flickeringmyth. 17 July 2015, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- ‘Apocalypse Now Now’ Movie Adaptation in the Works (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 17 July 2015, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- 'Chappie' (Blu-ray) Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 May 2015, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- ‘Mankind’s Last Stand’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 19 April 2015, 6:11 AM, PDT)
- Die Antwoord's Ninja Responds To Rumors About His 'Chappie' Behavior, Says His Co-Star Was "Juiced Up" On Steroids (From The Playlist. 18 March 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)