A movie version of the Dave Eggers novel “Hologram for the King,” starring Tom Hanks, is headed for a first-quarter start of production, with “Cloud Atlas” director Tom Tykwer helming from his screenplay.
Lotus Entertainment made the announcement on the opening day of the Toronto Intl. Film Festival, disclosing that it has come on board to handle international sales for Playtone and X Filme Creative Pool’s film adaptation of the novel. CAA reps the U.S. rights.
The project was first unveiled in June with Hanks and Tykwer attached.
“Hologram” was published in 2012 by Eggers’ McSweeney’s. Story is set in a rising Saudi Arabian city, where a struggling businessman pursues a last-ditch attempt to stave off foreclosure, pay »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- Marlon Wayans’ ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Rendition of ‘Happy’ Scares Off LL Cool J, Queen Latifah (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 May 2015, 9:23 AM, PDT)
- Colin Firth Is ‘Already Set’ to Star in My Fair Lady on Broadway (From Vulture. 27 May 2015, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Queen Latifah's Lip Sync Battle Is Just One Big '80s Dance Party (From Popsugar. 27 May 2015, 6:51 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: U.S., China Drive Cannes – Market Update (From Variety - Film News. 27 May 2015, 4:54 AM, PDT)
- Forrest Gump Fan Attempting A Coast-To-Coast Jog For Charity (From Cinema Blend. 25 May 2015, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Alicia Vikander in Talks for 'Assassin's Creed' and New 'Bourne' Film (From Rope Of Silicon. 25 May 2015, 11:19 AM, PDT)
Cloud Atlas (2012)
- TV Review: ‘Sense8′ (From Variety - TV News. 27 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Amid Censorship Issues and a Growing Market, China Seeks a Film Ratings System (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 May 2015, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Directors' Trademarks: The Wachowskis (From Cinelinx. 19 May 2015, 4:05 PM, PDT)