As Mattel reboots its “Max Steel” franchise with a new line of toys and an animated TV series, the company also has revived plans to produce a live action movie based on the property, with Open Road Films picking up the project to release in theaters late next year.
Dolphin Films, the newly created production banner of Dolphin Entertainment, will produce the film. Project serves as the first film under a multi-picture distribution deal Dolphin has set up with Open Road.
Through the pact, Dolphin will focus on pics aimed at families, tweens, teens and young adults.
Charles Cohen, former chief operating officer of MGM, was recently tapped to run Dolphin’s new film shingle. He most recently was senior advisor for Kirk Kerkorian’s Tracinda Corp.
“During his long tenure at MGM, »
- Marc Graser
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Harrison Ford Could Have Died In ‘Star Wars’ Set Accident (From Uinterview. 27 July 2016, 6:13 PM, PDT)
- Hmwybs: "The Turning Point" (From FilmExperience. 27 July 2016, 5:24 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Bits: The Final Ruling on Harrison Ford’s On-Set Injury, New ‘Aftermath’ Details, and Some Jaw-Dropping Cosplay (From Slash Film. 27 July 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- Spider-Man: Homecoming sequels will be like Harry Potter and follow Peter Parker through high school (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2016, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for The Accountant starring Ben Affleck and Anna Kendrick (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2016, 1:50 AM, PDT)
- Max Landis writing Pepe Le Pew movie (From Flickeringmyth. 27 July 2016, 9:50 PM, PDT)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Part Of James Cameron’s Global-Warming Video Shown At Dem Convention (From Deadline TV. 27 July 2016, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- Jared Leto: The Unlikely Triumphs of a Rock-Star Movie Star (From Rolling Stone. 27 July 2016, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Tiff Lineup: 5 Reasons to Get Excited About the 2016 Program (From Indiewire. 26 July 2016, 1:21 PM, PDT)