Vimeo CEO Kerry Trainor said the platform will offer $10,000 advances for a 30-day exclusive digital window on world premieres at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Participating filmmakers will set their own price point for the Vimeo On Demand offerings and choose the territorial footprint of the release.
They will be asked to abide by Vimeo’s exclusivity demand for 30 days or until Vimeo recoups the $10,000 advance, whichever comes first.
After recoupment the platform will split revenues 90/10 in favour of the filmmaker once transaction costs have been deducted.
Trainor (pictured) told Screen International that filmmakers are at liberty to sign deals with other distributors that can come into effect once the exclusivity window has expired.
Vimeo will also obtain the right to keep the film on its catalogue of 2,000-plus titles for two years.
“We’re very eager to see what the response will be,” said Trainor. “The festival community has historically been a core part of the »
- email@example.com (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsCameron Bailey (I)
- Venice 2016: 10 things to look out for on the Lido (From ScreenDaily. 24 August 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Tiff's Discovery section to feature Boys in the Trees, Joe Cinque's Consolation (From IF.com.au. 23 August 2016, 4:07 PM, PDT)
- Toronto: Discovery, Next Wave, Vr strands unveiled (From ScreenDaily. 23 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Toronto International Film Festival [ca]
- Tiff Platform Jury Revealed: Brian De Palma, Zhang Ziyi and Mahamat-Saleh Haroun to Judge Selections (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 9:13 AM, PDT)
- Karan Johar to be a part of Toronto International Film Festival (From BollywoodHungama. 25 August 2016, 8:19 AM, PDT)
- Toronto: Discovery, Next Wave, Vr, In Conversations unveiled (From ScreenDaily. 23 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)