HBO has given a pilot production commitment to a new series based on the 1973 sci-fi movie Westworld. J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot is producing alongside Warner Bros. Television, Jerry Weintraub and Person of Interest creator Jonathan Nolan.
The original movie, which was written and directed by Michael Crichton, starred Yul Brynner, Richard Benjamin and James Brolin, centering on an amusement park in the future where humans can live out their fantasies with the help of androids. When a malfunction occurs, the robots start hunting down the humans. No details were given regarding how the story may be updated.
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Stephen King Has Confidence in JJ Abrams for Castle Rock (From TVovermind.com. 18 August 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- 'Hamilton' L.A. Premiere Draws Tons of Stars (From TMZ. 17 August 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- RuPaul Has a Powerful Message on Why The Bigots and Hate Groups Are Going to Lose — IndieWire’s Turn It On Podcast (From Indiewire Television. 16 August 2017, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- ‘Arrow’ Season 6 Finds a New Villainous Vigilante in Kirk Acevedo (From Collider.com. 15 August 2017, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Josh Groban to Guest-Star (And Sing!) in Season 3 (From TVLine.com. 15 August 2017, 8:14 AM, PDT)
- Kirk Acevedo Cast as Major 'Arrow' Season 6 Villain (From BuddyTV. 15 August 2017, 6:58 AM, PDT)
"Person of Interest" (2011)
- Marvel’s The Gifted character posters featuring Polaris, Blink, Thunderbird and Eclipse (From Flickeringmyth. 18 August 2017, 3:56 AM, PDT)
- Arrow Casts Fringe Vet Kirk Acevedo as Version of DC Villain Richard Dragon (From TVLine.com. 15 August 2017, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Taken Season 2 Adds Adam Goldberg (From TVLine.com. 15 August 2017, 11:57 AM, PDT)