Aff director Amanda Duthie has also included two films from France: Claire Dennis’ Bastards and Stranger By The Lake, which earned Alain Guiraudie the directing prize at Cannes in Un Certain Regard. France was also the location for another competition film, Asghar Farhadi’s The Past.
“The international feature competition covers the globe with big bold stories created by masters through to first timers,” Duthie told ScreenDaily.
“Included in the mix is Dance Of Reality, for example, directed by Alejandro Joderowsky, a master filmmaker at the height of his power and in his eighties, and These Final Hours, directed by Australian »
- Sandy.George@me.com (Sandy George)
Similar News ItemsJim Jarmusch
- Michael Cera & Abbi Jacobson Can’t Save The Underbaked ‘Person To Person’ [Sundance Review] (From The Playlist. 20 January 2017, 4:41 PM, PST)
- Film Review: Gravity of Poetic Dreams Carry Weight in ‘Paterson’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 20 January 2017, 8:12 AM, PST)
- The 2017 IndieWire Sundance Bible: Every Review, Interview and News Item Posted During the Festival (From Indiewire. 18 January 2017, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Palm Springs Film Festival ’17: “The Salesman” by Asghar Farhadi (From Sydney's Buzz. 15 January 2017, 12:51 PM, PST)
- Best of Year: Nathaniel's Top Ten (From FilmExperience. 13 January 2017, 2:59 PM, PST)
- [Watch] Asghar Farhadi (‘The Salesman’): ‘This story has been with me for a number of years’ (From Gold Derby. 12 January 2017, 3:30 PM, PST)
- BAFTA announces the nominations for the Ee Rising Star Award 2017 (From Flickeringmyth. 5 January 2017, 3:58 AM, PST)
- The BAFTA Rising Star Nominations 2017 (From HeyUGuys. 5 January 2017, 2:21 AM, PST)
- HanWay makes key hires (From ScreenDaily. 19 December 2016, 11:50 PM, PST)