Starwood and Variety held their fifth annual pre-opening-day party on the rooftop terrace of the historic Hotel Danieli in Venice, where the theme this year was La Notte Dei Dreamers (Night of the Dreamers) in honor of Bernardo Bertolucci, jury president of the fest’s 70th edition.
Bertolucci, whose “The Dreamers” launched from the Lido in 2003, praised the highly creative party menu conceived by Starwood Venezia g.m. Antonello De’ Medici and his team, consisting of dishes dedicated, and inspired by, some of his films.
“It had never happened to me before to have my movies — their titles, their concepts — transformed into delicious different interpretations done by chefs,” he said.
The lavish spread included »
- Nick Vivarelli
Similar News ItemsWilliam Friedkin
- Top Ten Tuesday – Baby Driver Opens This Week, So Here Are the Best Car Chase Movies of the 1970’s (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 June 2017, 5:31 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Studios' First Gay Romantic Drama Back on the Big Screen (From Alt Film Guide. 24 June 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Movie Poster of the Week: New York in the 1970s in Polish Posters (From MUBI. 23 June 2017, 6:55 AM, PDT)
Paul Schrader (I)
- Critics Pick the Worst Movies They’ve Ever Reviewed (From Indiewire. 19 June 2017, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan Is Returning to TV, and This Could Be the Low-Key Comeback Vehicle She Needs (From Indiewire Television. 15 June 2017, 7:29 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan Is Returning to TV, and This Could Be the Low-Key Comeback Vehicle She Needs (From Indiewire. 15 June 2017, 7:29 PM, PDT)
- Filmadrid & Mubi: The Video Essay—"Telefoni Neri" (From MUBI. 9 June 2017, 4:20 AM, PDT)
- Inside the Quad by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 25 May 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Okja’ Cinematographer Darius Khondji On the Camera and Film That Made Him Fall in Love with Shooting Digital (From Indiewire. 24 May 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)