Ed Schultz continues to bounce around the MSNBC programming schedule, this time moving back to weekdays after a stint hosting during weekends.
The host and his “Ed Show” will move to the NBCUniversal cable-news outlet’s 5 p.m. slot on weekdays starting Aug. 26, the network said Monday. Schultz and “The Ed Show” had been featured Saturdays and Sundays at 5 p.m. since April. Prior to that, Schultz held forth during primetime on weeknights, anchoring the network’s 8 p.m. hour.
MSNBC said “Hardball With Chris Matthews” would continue to run weeknights at 7, but that Schultz’s new slot would take Matthews off what Phil Griffin, president of MSNBC, called “double duty.” Matthews’ program has been running at both 5 and 7 weeknights. “Chris Matthews and the ‘Hardball’ team have been pulling double duty for years,” Griffin said in a prepared statement. “This move will concentrate the ‘Hardball’ audience to one key time »
- Brian Steinberg
Similar News ItemsChris Matthews (VII)
- Chris Matthews: If Trump Did Nothing Wrong, Why’s He Attacking the People ‘Seeking the Truth?’ (From Mediaite - TV. 10 July 2017, 5:19 PM, PDT)
- Yvette Nicole Brown on How ABC’s ‘The Mayor’ Hopes to Bring Heart Back Into Politics (From Indiewire Television. 29 June 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Yvette Nicole Brown on How ABC’s ‘The Mayor’ Hopes to Bring Heart Back Into Politics (From Indiewire. 29 June 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
Phil Griffin (VI)
- MSNBC Makes It Official: Thomas Roberts Replacing Brian Shactman As ‘Way Too Early’ Anchor (From Deadline TV. 3 January 2014, 8:14 AM, PST)
- Thomas Roberts Named Host of MSNBC’s ‘Way Too Early’ (From The Wrap. 3 January 2014, 7:40 AM, PST)
- Thomas Roberts Named Host of MSNBC's 'Way Too Early' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 3 January 2014, 7:03 AM, PST)
Ed Schultz (I)
- MSNBC’s Re-Do Will Make it Look More Like NBC News Channel (From Variety - TV News. 17 September 2015, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- MSNBC Axes Ed Schultz, Alex Wagner and 'The Cycle' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 30 July 2015, 3:37 PM, PDT)
- MSNBC Spikes Three Hours of Afternoon Lineup (From Variety - TV News. 30 July 2015, 3:04 PM, PDT)