The British actor who played the original Darth Vader in Star Wars has dismissed the more recent prequel trilogy as a series of "really bad movies".
Dave Prowse, who portrayed the deadly Sith Lord onscreen for Star Wars (1977), The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983), said he was unimpressed by creator George Lucas's oft-maligned attempts to tell the story of how Jedi Anakin Skywalker was turned to the dark side.
Prowse, whose voice was dubbed over with that of James Earl Jones in post-production, told the Hull Daily Mail: "I didn't like Star Wars I, II and III at all. I think the common opinion now is they were really bad movies." He added: "There's no comparison with the original movies. They had a much more believable story. »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Premature Oscar Predictions: The 2015 Best Actor Contenders (From The Playlist. 10 March 2014, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Sr Geek Picks: Daredevil Fan-Film ‘Fearless’; Unconventional Movie Weapons and More (From Screen Rant. 10 March 2014, 10:34 AM, PDT)
- Cool Stuff: Lego Star Wars Sandcrawler (From Slash Film. 10 March 2014, 9:42 AM, PDT)
- Believe Series Premiere Review: “Pilot” (Season 1, Episode 1) (From We Got This Covered. 11 March 2014, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Believe, Ep. 1.01, “Pilot” is a good start (From SoundOnSight. 10 March 2014, 8:21 PM, PDT)
- 'Believe' react: Life doesn't wait for long (From EW.com - PopWatch. 10 March 2014, 8:01 PM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- Believe Debuts on NBC: What Did You Think of Alfonso Cuarón and J.J. Abrams' New Drama? (From E! Online. 10 March 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Fillion, Gaiman, Tennant and More Scheduled for The Real History Of Science Fiction (From ScifiMafia. 10 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Believe’ Review: a Good Girl in Need of Darth Vader (From The Wrap. 10 March 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)