Feature James Clayton 16 Aug 2013 - 07:28
The arrival of Kick-Ass 2 is a reminder of how comic book artists and creators have become movie industry royalty, James writes...
I like to think that the following happened on a daily basis during the filming of Kick-Ass 2 - all cast and crew members signalled their arrival on set by announcing, "I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
If no one actually did take the opportunity to make a tenuous title-based association and quote Roddy Piper's best line in They Live, it's a damn shame. If Kick-Ass 3 happens, someone (everyone) involved can start this motivational ritual/repeat film reference in-joke when shooting begins on that sequel. In advance, you're welcome.
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- Neil Gaiman story is this week's BBC Radio 4's Book At Bedtime (From Den of Geek. 23 November 2015, 8:23 AM, PST)
- Edgar Wright to write and direct movie based on shadows for DreamWorks Animation (From Flickeringmyth. 20 November 2015, 5:00 PM, PST)
- The Story Of 2000Ad trailer (From Den of Geek. 20 November 2015, 12:36 AM, PST)
Guillermo del Toro
- Jason Gives Thanks (From FilmExperience. 24 November 2015, 2:19 PM, PST)
- Your Guide to 'Justice League Dark' and How It Fits into the Larger DC Universe (From Fandango. 23 November 2015, 7:10 AM, PST)
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – Extended Edition’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 23 November 2015, 6:32 AM, PST)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Saif Ali Khan to star in an Indian adaptation of Jon Favreau’s critically acclaimed Chef” (From Bollyspice. 25 November 2015, 11:14 PM, PST)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Two Collection Blu-ray artwork revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 4:44 AM, PST)
- The first Captain America Civil War trailer is here! (From The Hollywood News. 24 November 2015, 10:40 PM, PST)