Feature James Clayton 16 Aug 2013 - 07:28
The arrival of Kick-Ass 2 is a reminder of how comic book artists and creators have become movie industry royalty, James writes...
I like to think that the following happened on a daily basis during the filming of Kick-Ass 2 - all cast and crew members signalled their arrival on set by announcing, "I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
If no one actually did take the opportunity to make a tenuous title-based association and quote Roddy Piper's best line in They Live, it's a damn shame. If Kick-Ass 3 happens, someone (everyone) involved can start this motivational ritual/repeat film reference in-joke when shooting begins on that sequel. In advance, you're welcome.
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- Who is Patrick Ness, writer of new Doctor Who spinoff Class? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 7 October 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Felicia Day Interview: gaming, geekiness and Babe (From Den of Geek. 4 October 2015, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Kid-Friendly Fright Flicks for the Halloween Season (From DailyDead. 2 October 2015, 7:07 PM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- Crimson Peak: 15 Reasons To Be Excited (From Obsessed with Film. 9 October 2015, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- Justice League Dark moving forward, Warner Bros. looking to go into production in 2016 (From Flickeringmyth. 9 October 2015, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- 9 Unforgettable Creations From the Mind of Guillermo del Toro (From Indiewire. 9 October 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Lego Marvel’s Avengers Rebuilds The Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Biggest Moments (From We Got This Covered. 9 October 2015, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Nycc 2015: New ‘Lego Marvel’s Avengers’ trailer (From Blogomatic3000. 9 October 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Avengers: Infinity War has a reported budget of $1 billion (From Flickeringmyth. 9 October 2015, 1:22 AM, PDT)