Feature James Clayton 16 Aug 2013 - 07:28
The arrival of Kick-Ass 2 is a reminder of how comic book artists and creators have become movie industry royalty, James writes...
I like to think that the following happened on a daily basis during the filming of Kick-Ass 2 - all cast and crew members signalled their arrival on set by announcing, "I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
If no one actually did take the opportunity to make a tenuous title-based association and quote Roddy Piper's best line in They Live, it's a damn shame. If Kick-Ass 3 happens, someone (everyone) involved can start this motivational ritual/repeat film reference in-joke when shooting begins on that sequel. In advance, you're welcome.
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- Preview of Miracleman By Gaiman & Buckingham #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 29 August 2015, 3:35 AM, PDT)
- Frightfest 2015: ‘Future Shock!’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 29 August 2015, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- FremantleMedia Buys ‘Young Pope’ Producer Wildside (From Variety - TV News. 27 August 2015, 12:15 AM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- Fall 2015 Movie Preview . Films I.m Dying to See (From Manny the Movie Guy. 3 September 2015, 5:24 PM, PDT)
- David O. Russell and Ridley Scott: Which filmmaking contenders this year are most due for their first win? (From Hollywoodnews.com. 3 September 2015, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- Ron Perlman on why Hellboy 3 hasn't been made: 'I won't answer that... it'll make people uncomfortable' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 September 2015, 1:20 AM, PDT)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Release Details for Tales From The Crypt Presents: Demon Knight and Bordello Of Blood Collector’s Edition Blu-rays (From DailyDead. 2 September 2015, 10:44 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Sir Ben Kingsley Always Steering in ‘Learning to Drive’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 2 September 2015, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- 5 Cancelled Superhero Movies That Would Have Made Billions (From Obsessed with Film. 2 September 2015, 1:52 AM, PDT)