Feature James Clayton 16 Aug 2013 - 07:28
The arrival of Kick-Ass 2 is a reminder of how comic book artists and creators have become movie industry royalty, James writes...
I like to think that the following happened on a daily basis during the filming of Kick-Ass 2 - all cast and crew members signalled their arrival on set by announcing, "I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
If no one actually did take the opportunity to make a tenuous title-based association and quote Roddy Piper's best line in They Live, it's a damn shame. If Kick-Ass 3 happens, someone (everyone) involved can start this motivational ritual/repeat film reference in-joke when shooting begins on that sequel. In advance, you're welcome.
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- DC and Vertigo comics character Lucifer lands pilot commitment at Fox (From Flickeringmyth. 16 September 2014, 11:04 PM, PDT)
- DC Comics Character Lucifer Lands Pilot Commitment At Fox (From We Got This Covered. 16 September 2014, 4:41 PM, PDT)
- DC Comics Developing Sandman Spin-off Lucifer; James D’Arcy Cast as Jarvis in Agent Carter (From HeyUGuys. 16 September 2014, 4:39 PM, PDT)
Guillermo del Toro
- Tom Hiddleston to Star in King Kong Prequel, Skull Island (From Worst Previews. 16 September 2014, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Peter Facinelli’s A7SLE Films Hires ‘Cropsey’ Scribe (From Deadline New York. 16 September 2014, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Tom Hiddleston to Star in King Kong Origins Film ‘Skull Island’ (From DailyDead. 16 September 2014, 1:24 PM, PDT)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- 'Maze Runner' Franchise Off to Strong Start This Weekend (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 21 September 2014, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- TNT Nabs Rights To Five Upcoming Marvel Pics Including ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ (From Deadline New York. 17 September 2014, 10:24 AM, PDT)
- TNT Locks Down Next Five Marvel Movies Starting With ‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’ (From Variety - TV News. 17 September 2014, 10:22 AM, PDT)