Legendary enfant maudit Jean-Luc Godard, Portugal’s national treasure Pedro Costa (Ne Change Rien) and the new generation of female auteurs in Ursula Meier and Aida Begic (Snow) will be a part of the fourteen filmmakers who’ll contribute short docus, essay and fiction films as part of Sarajevo-themed omnibus called Les Ponts de Sarajevo. Meier, the director behind Critics’ Week selected Home, and Sisters starring Lea Seydoux (read our review) told Screen Daily that she’ll be shooting with Bosnian actors in Sarajevo in two weeks’ time at the end of the Sarajevo Film Festival.
Gist: The project which will will be part of a week-long event from June 21-28, 2014, titled “Sarajevo: Coeur de L’Europe”, will mark next year’s centenary of the First World War.
Worth Noting: Details are non-existent, but Pedro Costa’s next film (set for release in 2014) is called Horse Money.
Do We Care? »
- Eric Lavallee
Similar News ItemsJean-Luc Godard
- Exclusive: Clip From Jean-Luc Godard’s Newly Restored ‘La Chinoise’ Gets Radical (From The Playlist. 21 July 2017, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- Movie Poster of the Week: Jean-Luc Godard’s “La chinoise” (From MUBI. 21 July 2017, 6:47 AM, PDT)
- Giuseppe Piccioni To Chair Venice Classics; Lineup Includes Works From Spielberg, Godard & Bertolucci (From Deadline. 18 July 2017, 10:32 AM, PDT)
Pedro Costa (II)
- Rushes. George A. Romero & Martin Landau, Choreographing Rape, Latest Trailers (From MUBI. 19 July 2017, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- The Human Surge review – ambitious film about alienation proves alienating (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 July 2017, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Trailer for ‘Casa de Lava’ Restoration Plunges Us Into Pedro Costa’s Dark, Mysterious World (From The Film Stage. 6 July 2017, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- Forget me not by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 20 July 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- 80 top film-makers sound alarm over EU copyright rules (From ScreenDaily. 22 May 2017, 4:57 AM, PDT)
- 80 top film-makers demand changes to EU copyright rules (From ScreenDaily. 22 May 2017, 4:57 AM, PDT)