Legendary enfant maudit Jean-Luc Godard, Portugal’s national treasure Pedro Costa (Ne Change Rien) and the new generation of female auteurs in Ursula Meier and Aida Begic (Snow) will be a part of the fourteen filmmakers who’ll contribute short docus, essay and fiction films as part of Sarajevo-themed omnibus called Les Ponts de Sarajevo. Meier, the director behind Critics’ Week selected Home, and Sisters starring Lea Seydoux (read our review) told Screen Daily that she’ll be shooting with Bosnian actors in Sarajevo in two weeks’ time at the end of the Sarajevo Film Festival.
Gist: The project which will will be part of a week-long event from June 21-28, 2014, titled “Sarajevo: Coeur de L’Europe”, will mark next year’s centenary of the First World War.
Worth Noting: Details are non-existent, but Pedro Costa’s next film (set for release in 2014) is called Horse Money.
Do We Care? »
- Eric Lavallee
Similar News ItemsJean-Luc Godard
- Looking Back 50 Years: A New Generation Takes Over (From Cinelinx. 18 January 2017, 6:16 AM, PST)
- Framing Wes Anderson’s Memories (From FilmSchoolRejects. 17 January 2017, 9:43 AM, PST)
- Sexual Revolution: France’s Alain Guiraudie On ‘Staying Vertical’ and Why He’ll Never Sell Out (From Indiewire. 17 January 2017, 7:25 AM, PST)
Pedro Costa (II)
- ‘Tangerine’ Gets a Costa Rican Twist In ‘Abrázame Como Antes’ — Review (From Indiewire. 12 December 2016, 1:39 PM, PST)
- Review: Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ is a Visually and Emotionally Complex Rorschach Test (From The Film Stage. 10 December 2016, 12:07 PM, PST)
- Marrakech Jury President Bela Tarr: ‘Filmmaking is Like Hunting, You Have To Capture Life’ (From Variety - Film News. 9 December 2016, 1:50 AM, PST)
- Honours for Isabelle by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 4 December 2016, 7:25 AM, PST)
- Locarno briefs: Piazza Grande subject to minor arson attack (From ScreenDaily. 8 August 2016, 5:06 AM, PDT)
- Locarno: Antoinette Boulat and Elsa Pharaon Win First European Casting Director Award (From Variety - Film News. 7 August 2016, 10:01 AM, PDT)