No surprise here: The Sunday, Aug. 11, premiere of Breaking Bad brought huge ratings for cable channel AMC, delivering 5.9 million viewers, the most in series history and up 102 percent over the show’s season 5 premiere last summer.
With 3.6 million viewers among adults 18-49, Breaking Bad is second only to AMC’s The Walking Dead in delivery to this key demographic across all cable networks.
Additionally, AMC premiered its newest dramatic series Low Winter Sun, which attracted 2.5 million viewers. Following that, Talking Bad — hosted by Chris Hardwick and featuring discussion and analysis of Breaking Bad — debuted with 1.2 million viewers.
Missed the edge-of-your-seat episode? »
- Erin Strecker
Similar News Items"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- Box Office: ‘Mr. Peabody and Sherman’ Bites Into Top Spot, ‘Need for Speed’ in Third (From Variety - Film News. 16 March 2014, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- ‘Mr. Peabody’ Blows Past ‘Need for Speed’ in Box-Office Upset (From The Wrap. 16 March 2014, 8:21 AM, PDT)
- Need for Speed review – 'perfunctory tosh' | Mark Kermode (From The Guardian - Film News. 15 March 2014, 5:50 PM, PDT)
Chris Hardwick (I)
- All Roads Lead to Terminus in this New Preview of The Walking Dead Episode 4.14 - The Grove (From Dread Central. 14 March 2014, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- Thomas Lennon is Felix to Matthew Perry’s Oscar in CBS’ ‘Odd Couple’ Pilot (From Variety - TV News. 13 March 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Zap2it's Social Media Showdown: Vote for Twitter's Round 2 bracket (From Pop2it. 13 March 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
"Low Winter Sun" (2013)
- Cara Delevingne and Billie Piper to star in Sky Arts shows (From The Guardian - TV News. 4 March 2014, 8:25 AM, PST)
- 'True Detective': A theoretical conversation about the show, starring Rust Cohle and Martin Hart (From EW.com - PopWatch. 2 March 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- AMC Networks Shares Hit All-Time High As Investors Look Ahead To New Shows (From Deadline TV. 27 February 2014, 1:04 PM, PST)