In India, the film enjoyed a first-day score box office score of rupees 331 million ($5.42 million) and a two-day figure of $11 million, both figures beating “3 Idiots” previous record.
On Sunday distribution sources confirmed that the film had passed the 1 billion rupees mark ($16.5 million), in its first three days of release.
“Though ‘Ce’ is playing in the highest number of screens for any film, we still ran out of capacity in most locations due to this huge demand at the box office and the film is on its way to create new benchmarks,” said Gaurav Verma, director of India theatrical distribution, Studios, Disney Utv.
In international markets the film was estimated to have achieved grosses of $1.29 million on Thursday, a figure beaten by $2.3 million on Friday. In »
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsShah Rukh Khan (I)
- Blog: Why How I Met Your Mother is a tribute to Bollywood (From Bollyspice. 24 January 2015, 1:11 AM, PST)
- Shah Rukh Khan to host India Poochega Sabse Shaana Kaun (From BollywoodHungama. 22 January 2015, 10:02 PM, PST)
- Filmfare Awards 2015 Nominations (From indicine. 19 January 2015, 8:50 AM, PST)
- Irrfan Showers Praise on Deepika! (From Bollyspice. 22 January 2015, 11:20 PM, PST)
- Deepika Padukone to endorse Nike (From BollywoodHungama. 22 January 2015, 10:24 PM, PST)
- Deepika Padukone dedicates her award to Kangana Ranaut! (From Bollyspice. 21 January 2015, 4:30 AM, PST)
- Top Grossing Films of 2014 (From Bollyspice. 17 January 2015, 11:24 PM, PST)
- Reflections 2014: Box Office Versus Critics (From Bollyspice. 28 December 2014, 7:42 PM, PST)
- Rohit Shetty to host Khatron Ke Khiladi 6 (From BollywoodHungama. 10 November 2014, 4:16 AM, PST)