In India, the film enjoyed a first-day score box office score of rupees 331 million ($5.42 million) and a two-day figure of $11 million, both figures beating “3 Idiots” previous record.
On Sunday distribution sources confirmed that the film had passed the 1 billion rupees mark ($16.5 million), in its first three days of release.
“Though ‘Ce’ is playing in the highest number of screens for any film, we still ran out of capacity in most locations due to this huge demand at the box office and the film is on its way to create new benchmarks,” said Gaurav Verma, director of India theatrical distribution, Studios, Disney Utv.
In international markets the film was estimated to have achieved grosses of $1.29 million on Thursday, a figure beaten by $2.3 million on Friday. In »
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsShah Rukh Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan wishes Ajay Devgn all the best (From BollywoodHungama. 8 July 2014, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Srk, Salman and other stars at Siddiqui Iftaar Party (From Bollyspice. 7 July 2014, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Saahil Prem criticizes the ‘fakeness’ in Bollywood (From Bollyspice. 5 July 2014, 6:42 AM, PDT)
- The Fun Finding Fanny Trailer! (From Bollyspice. 9 July 2014, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- Happy New Years teaser promo out on August 15 (From BollywoodHungama. 7 July 2014, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- The Cast including Deepika and Arjun Tell you why to watch the Finding Fanny Trailer! (From Bollyspice. 7 July 2014, 7:47 AM, PDT)
"North America" (2013)
- Major UK Paper States Video Games Are As Bad As Drugs (From Cinelinx. 9 July 2014, 12:48 PM, PDT)
- Hungary’s Movie Renaissance Continues as Pix Win Laurels, Incentives Rise, and Hungarian Film Week Returns (From Variety - Film News. 9 July 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- New Godzilla Blu-rays Announced, Including Godzilla 2000, Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy (From DailyDead. 9 July 2014, 9:42 AM, PDT)