There's little that hasn't been written about 1942 film classic Casablanca, so I won't bore you with an in-depth review - suffice to say that Michael Curtiz's romantic drama is every bit as moving as its reputation suggests, but is also far funnier than many give it credit for.
With sizzling dialogue and fantastic characters brought to life by true screen icons like Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Peter Lorre and Sydney Greenstreet, Casablanca continues to put much of today's cinematic output to shame, over 70 years after its original release. But watching the movie at the open-air Luna Cinema, in the grounds of Kensington Palace, helped me to appreciate it in a whole new light.
The Casablanca screening - part of a 2013 summer season of popular classics being given a public airing - was a deeply enjoyable experience, one that was all the more satisfying for being shared with dozens of »
Similar News ItemsTop Gun (1986)
- Producer says Tom Cruise is still down for drone warfare inspired Top Gun 2 (From JoBlo. 2 July 2015, 6:34 AM, PDT)
- ‘Top Gun,’ ‘Total Recall,’ Other Paramount Movies Streaming Free on Break.com’s Digital Platforms (From Variety - Film News. 30 June 2015, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- ‘Top Gun 2′ Details: Tom Cruise To Return As Maverick, Script In Development (From Uinterview. 30 June 2015, 11:37 AM, PDT)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark will make its Royal Albert Hall debut next spring (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 2 July 2015, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- Watch: 1990s VHS Kids Remake Of Steven Spielberg's 'Jurassic Park' (From The Playlist. 25 June 2015, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- 5 things you didn’t know about the Jurassic Park franchise (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2015, 1:31 AM, PDT)
Dirty Dancing (1987)
- Lionsgate Sues Over 'Dirty Dancing' Ad Spoof (From The Hollywood Reporter. 2 July 2015, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- What’s new on Amazon July 2015 (From ChannelGuideMag. 1 July 2015, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- UK TV ratings: Jeremy Clarkson's Top Gear tenure ends with 5.4m (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 June 2015, 2:57 AM, PDT)