David Arnold, the James Bond composer and musical director of the London Olympics closing ceremony, is talking ghosts. The north London studios where we meet, he tells me, are haunted. Doors slam shut and footsteps are heard in studios that he knows to be empty.
In one part of the building – a former school and church – electrical equipment never works and people report sightings of two spectral schoolchildren dressed in Victorian clothing. "I'm halfway between being a real cynic and totally convinced by it," says Arnold. Our conversation is made more disconcerting by the lights switching off every 15 minutes (an eco-friendly device, not an otherwordly one).
If it sounds like a case for BBC1's Sherlock then that would be entirely appropriate – Arnold is currently working, »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Movie review of 2014: Year in pictures - Oscars, Marvel, Batfleck, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Season’s Greetings from Flickering Myth, and a look ahead to the films of 2015 (From Flickeringmyth. 24 December 2014, 2:45 PM, PST)
- Countdown: Top Seven YouTube Videos For Christmas 2014 (From Tubefilter News. 24 December 2014, 11:44 AM, PST)
- Stars Who Look Like Disney Characters (From VH1.com. 20 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- One Direction Guys Reveal Man Crushes on David Beckham, Russell Brand, Johnny Depp and More! (From E! Online. 19 December 2014, 1:32 PM, PST)
- Steph & Dom's Nigel Farage special attracts 1.9m on Monday (From Digital Spy - TV news. 16 December 2014, 3:04 AM, PST)
- Guardians of the Galaxy is film of the year in DS 2014 Reader Awards (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 December 2014, 1:00 AM, PST)
- The Imitation Game – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 December 2014, 10:58 PM, PST)
- ‘The Imitation Game’ is a capable thriller, but fails to decode its hero (From SoundOnSight. 24 December 2014, 4:11 PM, PST)