Ansara played the Klingon commander on three different “Star Trek” TV series: the original “Star Trek” (1968), “Deep Space Nine” (1994) and “Voyagers” (1996). He is beloved by fans of the franchise for being one of just seven actors to play the same character on three versions of the skein.
Ansara is also remembered for his starring role of the Chiricahua Apache cheif Cochise on the TV series “Broken Arrow.” The popular series was considered groundbreaking when it premiered in 1958, as it was one of few westerns to portray Native Americans in a positive light.
Despite being of Syrian descent, Ansara continued to be cast in Native American roles. He played another Apache, Deputy U.S. Marshal Sam Buckhart, on the Peacock’s 1959 series “Law of the Plainsman. »
- Allegra Tepper
Similar News Items"Star Trek" (1966)
- Ed Catto: These are the Voyages… (From Comicmix. 22 May 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek: Discovery Trailer: Watch First Footage From CBS All Access Series (From TVLine.com. 17 May 2017, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Brad Weston launches Makeready with eOne backing (From ScreenDaily. 17 May 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)
"Hawaii Five-0" (2010)
- CBS 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 5/24/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 May 2017, 7:25 PM, PDT)
- Overseas Buyers Flock to L.A. Screenings to Sample Studios’ Offerings (From Variety - TV News. 23 May 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Hawaii Five-0: Is the CBS TV Show Cancelled or Renewed for Season Eight? (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 May 2017, 8:02 PM, PDT)
"Batman: The Animated Series" (1992)
- Who is Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke on Arrow? (From Monsters and Critics. 24 May 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Detective Comics #957 Review (From We Got This Covered. 24 May 2017, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- Lego® Scooby-Doo!: Blowout Beach Bash! Splashes Down in July (From Comicmix. 23 May 2017, 10:58 AM, PDT)