Cameron has hired screenwriters Josh Friedman (“War of the Worlds”), Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver (“Rise of the Planets of the Apes”), and Shane Salerno (“Savages,” “Salinger”) to collaborate with him on the screenplays for “Avatar 2,” “Avatar 3″ and “Avatar 4.”
The three tentpoles will be filmed simultaneously with production beginning next year. The release of the first sequel will be in December 2016, with the second to follow in December 2017 and the third a year later.
Though Friedman is best known for writing on the TV show “The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” Friedman’s attachment is just a coincidence since Cameron had nothing to do with the show even though he helped create the “Terminator” characters with Gale Anne Hurd.
Cameron is producing with his Lighthouse Entertainment partner Jon Landau. No release date has been set. »
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- 200 Greatest Horror Films (170-161) (From SoundOnSight. 8 October 2015, 8:33 PM, PDT)
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles box set review – a smart TV spin-off that matches the movies with inventive action scenes (From The Guardian - TV News. 8 October 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Verve Boosts Adam Weinstein To Partner (From Deadline. 7 October 2015, 4:58 PM, PDT)
- James Cameron Announces "Avatar" Comics (From Dark Horizons. 9 October 2015, 4:32 PM, PDT)
- James Cameron Announces 'Avatar' Comic Book Series (From MovieWeb. 9 October 2015, 12:11 PM, PDT)
- Jim Gianopulos to Receive Producers Guild’s Milestone Award (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:26 AM, PDT)
The Terminator (1984)
- #NYCC2015: Get Your First Look at Syfy’s Hunters (From Dread Central. 9 October 2015, 5:49 PM, PDT)
- James Cameron Announces Avatar Dark Horse Comics (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 October 2015, 4:38 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Video Essay Explores The Marriage Of Action And Narrative In James Cameron's 'The Terminator' (From The Playlist. 9 October 2015, 1:33 PM, PDT)