All too often, we hear millennials are slackers so plugged into their own worlds they're terminally disengaged from everyone else. Yet there are legions of people under 25 making a difference.
The VH1 Do Something Awards celebrate generally unknown good Samaritans and five celebrities making a difference. At this writing, a host had not been selected for the show that airs live from the Avalon in Hollywood Wednesday, July 31.
"It is not your grandmother's awards show," Naomi Hirabayashi, the chief marketing officer for the Manhattan-based nonprofit, tells Zap2it. "We want to first celebrate these amazing young people who are making a change in their community and celebrate for a night, to make them celebrities for a night. And the second thing is to honor those celebrity honorees also using their voice for good."
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- Sarah Hyland Shined At ‘Cinderella’ Premiere In Naeem Khan Dress (From Uinterview. 2 March 2015, 12:29 PM, PST)
- Modern Family Creator Steven Levitan: ‘Please Move Empire!’ (From Vulture. 2 March 2015, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Family Equality Council Sings Praises of ‘Glee,’ ‘Modern Family’ at Awards Dinner (From Variety - TV News. 1 March 2015, 12:44 PM, PST)
Jennifer Hudson (I)
- Check Out Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's New Music Video For "Trouble" (From TooFab. 27 February 2015, 2:45 PM, PST)
- 'Glory' Leads Oscar Music Sales Surge (From Rolling Stone. 26 February 2015, 6:45 AM, PST)
- How 'Empire's' Bryshere Gray Prepped for His Sex Scene With Naomi Campbell (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 February 2015, 3:55 PM, PST)
- Khloe K to replace Kelly Osbourne on fashion police? (From National Ledger. 2 March 2015, 10:37 AM, PST)
- Khloe Kardashian -- Saving Her Voice ... To Talk Fashion? (From TMZ. 2 March 2015, 7:50 AM, PST)
- Kelly\'s \'Fashion\' Replacement? (From Access Hollywood. 1 March 2015, 12:13 PM, PST)