Cheryl Boone Isaacs was elected president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Tuesday night (July 30) by the organization’s Board of Governors.
Boone Isaacs, who is beginning her 21st year as a governor representing the Public Relations Branch, served as Academy first vice president during the past year. She also produced the 2012 Governors Awards.
Boone Isaacs is the first African-American and third woman to be AMPAS President and succeeds Hawk Koch, who served a one-year term.
The other two women who previously headed up the Academy were American screenwriter, playwright and producer Fay Kanin from 1979 to 1983 as well as actress Bette Davis in 1941. She resigned after two months.
Boone Isaacs currently heads Cbi Enterprises, Inc., where she has consulted on such films as “The Call,” “The Artist,” “The King’s Speech,” “Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire,” “Spider-Man 2” and “Tupac: Resurrection.”Boone Isaacs »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsParamount Pictures [us]
- Death on Taiwan Set of Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence’ (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 10:13 PM, PST)
- Everything You Need to Know About New 'Ghostbusters' Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 January 2015, 3:03 PM, PST)
- Brad Pitt Wants Lead Role in Angelina Jolie's 'Africa' (From MovieWeb. 28 January 2015, 1:43 PM, PST)
New Line Cinema [us]
- Bradley Cooper Drama ‘Limitless’ Among CBS Pilot Orders (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 7:30 PM, PST)
- 10 Simple Fixes That Would Have Made The Hobbit Awesome (From Obsessed with Film. 28 January 2015, 10:34 AM, PST)
- 10 Movie Characters Who Sacrificed Their Lives Unnecessarily (From Obsessed with Film. 28 January 2015, 4:08 AM, PST)
Spider-Man 2 (2004)
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 (From Obsessed with Film. 21 January 2015, 7:14 AM, PST)
- New images and clips from Lucasfilm Animation’s Strange Magic (From Flickeringmyth. 20 January 2015, 9:25 AM, PST)
- Power Rangers: new movie will shoot this year (From Den of Geek. 19 January 2015, 11:13 PM, PST)