Eileen Brennan as Captain Doreen Lewis in Warner Bros film Private Benjamin Photo: Warner Bros Actress Eileen Brennan has died, aged 80. The star, who was Oscar nominated for her role as the sadistic Captain Doreen Lewis in Goldie Hawn's 1980 comedy Private Benjamin, passed away at her home in Burbank, Los Angeles, after suffering from bladder cancer.
Brennan had a long and varied career in film and on stage, with her film roles also including the BAFTA-nominated worn-down waitress Genevieve in The Last Picture Show, brothel madam Billie in The Sting and as Mrs Peacock in murder spoof Clue.
Following a serious accident in 1982, when she was hit by a car, she became addicted to painkillers and went into rehab at the Betty Ford clinic in 1984. But she bounced back with Clue and went on »
- Amber Wilkinson
Similar News ItemsDolly Parton
- Atlanta Now Casting ‘Coat of Many Colors’ and Upcoming Auditions (From Backstage. 19 August 2015, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- ‘Dolly Parton’s Coat Of Many Colors’ Set For December Premiere On NBC (From Deadline TV. 18 August 2015, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- NBC Sets Airdate for Original Movie Based on Dolly Parton’s ‘Coat of Many Colors’ (From Variety - TV News. 18 August 2015, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Popular Disney Actor and Broadway Performer Jones Dead at 84 (From Alt Film Guide. 2 September 2015, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- 6 Attempts To Deconstruct The Manic Pixie Dream Girl (From Obsessed with Film. 27 August 2015, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn Show Off Slender Figures While Working Out (From Us Weekly. 20 August 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
The Last Picture Show (1971)
- Sue Mengers Biographer Talks Barbra Streisand Feud, Wild Personality (From Variety - Film News. 3 September 2015, 4:16 PM, PDT)
- Listen: 1.5 Hour Conversation With Peter Bogdanovich On Marc Maron's Wtf Podcast (From The Playlist. 28 August 2015, 1:03 PM, PDT)
- Peter Bogdanovich on Assembling an All-Star Cast and Returning to NYC for 'She's Funny That Way' (From Indiewire. 28 August 2015, 8:56 AM, PDT)