NBC Entertainment chief Bob Greenblatt opened his Television Critics Assn. exec session by talking up the Peacock’s “year of improvement” and unveiling four high-profile longform projects in the works.
Greenblatt said the Peacock is working on a miniseries about Hillary Clinton to star Diane Lane; a reboot of “Rosemary’s Baby”; a new version of Stephen King’s “Tommyknockers”; and a historical project with Mark Burnett about the pilgrims’ landing at Plymouth Rock.
Greenblatt emphasized that networks “need to be in the event business…. All of (the new projects) have their own event nature.”
The role of Bill Clinton has not yet been cast, nor is there a completed script yet, Greenblatt said. He said the mini would likely air before Hillary Clinton formally declares herself to be a presidential candidate in 2016.
- Cynthia Littleton
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- 2013: The Year in Stephen King (From FEARnet. 18 December 2013)
- Cover Art for Stephen King’s Mr. Mercedes (From DailyDead. 17 December 2013, 9:29 AM, PST)
- Cover Art For Mr. Mercedes Revealed! (From Horror News. 16 December 2013, 4:05 PM, PST)
Diane Lane (I)
- Enrique Iglesias Gets Sentimental Over Whitney Houston at Event in N.Y.C. (From PEOPLE.com. 17 December 2013, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Robert Redford To Be Saluted at Santa Barbara Festival (From Variety - Film News. 17 December 2013, 6:30 AM, PST)
- 'Batman Vs Superman' to be biggest-ever film for Michigan (From Hitfix. 16 December 2013, 2:30 PM, PST)
Bill Clinton (I)
- The 9 Sexiest Moments of Bradley Cooper (From The Backlot. 16 December 2013, 2:57 PM, PST)
- Nelson Mandela Laid To Rest After Emotional Funeral (From HollywoodLife. 15 December 2013, 7:40 AM, PST)
- Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift & More: Biggest F-Bomb Blunders Of 2013 (From HollywoodLife. 15 December 2013, 5:46 AM, PST)