Expectations for Fox and Marvel’s “The Wolverine” continue to scale back as the spinoff drew in $21 million Friday, adjusting expectations to a three-day haul in the mid-$50 million range.
This is considerably dialed back from pre-weekend predictions that had the actioner earning upwards of $75 million, but it looks to still be a decent performer given the pic’s budget of $100 million. Still, it doesn’t look like “Wolverine” will be the film to restore Hollywood’s faith in the big-budget tentpole following a recent string of significant disappointments.
During his last solo outing as Wolverine in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” international was responsible for $73 million of the film’s $158 million worldwide bow, and 53% of its lifetime cume. And that film was panned by critics and moviegoers. »
- Michael Sullivan
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- New Black Mass Trailer: Johnny Depp Goes Gangster (From Collider.com. 22 May 2015, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- See Mad Max: Fury Road's Deleted Patton Oswalt Scene (From Cinema Blend. 22 May 2015, 4:25 PM, PDT)
- Sherlock Holmes Creator’s Estate Sues Miramax Over Ian McKellan’s ‘Mr. Holmes’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2015, 2:54 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin & Benicio Del Toro Team Up In First Clip For Denis Villeneueve’s 'Sicario' (From The Playlist. 22 May 2015, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Dave Grohl would only take women on “free” dates as a youngster (From The Hollywood News. 22 May 2015, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- Reese Witherspoon Away With The Fairies In ‘Tink’ (From The Hollywood News. 21 May 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
Man of Steel (2013)
- Jurassic World Tracking For Massive $100M-$130M+ Opening; Plus New TV Spot & Featurette (From ComicBookMovie. 22 May 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - 'Cyborg' (From SneakPeek. 22 May 2015, 5:38 PM, PDT)
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015? (From Deadline. 22 May 2015, 2:44 PM, PDT)