Expectations for Fox and Marvel’s “The Wolverine” continue to scale back as the spinoff drew in $21 million Friday, adjusting expectations to a three-day haul in the mid-$50 million range.
This is considerably dialed back from pre-weekend predictions that had the actioner earning upwards of $75 million, but it looks to still be a decent performer given the pic’s budget of $100 million. Still, it doesn’t look like “Wolverine” will be the film to restore Hollywood’s faith in the big-budget tentpole following a recent string of significant disappointments.
During his last solo outing as Wolverine in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” international was responsible for $73 million of the film’s $158 million worldwide bow, and 53% of its lifetime cume. And that film was panned by critics and moviegoers. »
- Michael Sullivan
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Batman: Arkham Origins Studio Begins Hiring For Two Unannounced DC Projects (From We Got This Covered. 1 December 2015, 8:35 AM, PST)
- ‘Inside Out,’ ‘Good Dinosaur’ Lead Annie Awards Nominations (From Variety - TV News. 1 December 2015, 7:26 AM, PST)
- ‘Inside Out,’ ‘Good Dinosaur’ Lead Annie Award Nominations (From Variety - Film News. 1 December 2015, 7:26 AM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman’s final Wolverine film gets an update (From The Hollywood News. 30 November 2015, 11:07 PM, PST)
- X-Men: the state of The Wolverine 3 and New Mutants (From Den of Geek. 30 November 2015, 10:08 PM, PST)
- Simon Kinberg on where things stand with Hugh Jackman's final Wolverine film (From JoBlo. 30 November 2015, 5:58 PM, PST)
Man of Steel (2013)
- Lego Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ‘Heroes of Justice: Sky High Battle’ set revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 7 November 2015, 9:55 AM, PST)
- Superman Arrives In Canadian Promo for Supergirl (From ComicBookMovie. 7 November 2015, 8:27 AM, PST)
- Does This Batman v Superman Dawn Of Justice Lego Set Spoil The Movie's Climax? (From ComicBookMovie. 6 November 2015, 7:21 PM, PST)