Expectations for Fox and Marvel’s “The Wolverine” continue to scale back as the spinoff drew in $21 million Friday, adjusting expectations to a three-day haul in the mid-$50 million range.
This is considerably dialed back from pre-weekend predictions that had the actioner earning upwards of $75 million, but it looks to still be a decent performer given the pic’s budget of $100 million. Still, it doesn’t look like “Wolverine” will be the film to restore Hollywood’s faith in the big-budget tentpole following a recent string of significant disappointments.
During his last solo outing as Wolverine in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” international was responsible for $73 million of the film’s $158 million worldwide bow, and 53% of its lifetime cume. And that film was panned by critics and moviegoers. »
- Michael Sullivan
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- [Media] - "Mad Max: Fury Road" TV Spot Explosion (From OhMyGore. 18 January 2038, 8:14 PM, PST)
- Batman v Superman set photo suggests another major DC character is already dead before the movie (From Flickeringmyth. 18 April 2015, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- ‘Furious 7′ Director James Wan Honored at Paradigm Bash (From Variety - Film News. 18 April 2015, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman posts Pan teaser on Instagram (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 April 2015, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- 35 Movies You Need to See This Summer (From MovieWeb. 18 April 2015, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse': Lucas Till Will Return as Havok! (From MovieWeb. 17 April 2015, 3:21 PM, PDT)
Man of Steel (2013)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice teaser trailer | Flickering Myth Reaction (From Flickeringmyth. 19 April 2015, 11:19 AM, PDT)
- Watch Lego Batman vs Superman trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 April 2015, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - New Images (From SneakPeek. 18 April 2015, 1:25 PM, PDT)