What’s happening in movie costume this week.
Burton and Taylor
Part 1: womenswear. More costume brilliance from Gavia Baker.
Emma Fraser analyses colour (or lack of it) on the character of Olivia Pope.
Stunning article by Tyranny of Style delving deep into the influential Paris dance company. Just check out those Prince Igor (1909) costumes! Wow.
Salon interview the great Shawna Trpcic about costuming Joss Whedon’s world. Had to chuckle at their question about ‘costuming clues’ in The Cabin in the Woods. Would a link back to This Article have killed you guys?
© 2013, Christopher Laverty. »
- Christopher Laverty
Similar News ItemsJoss Whedon
- MTV Revives 'Trl' for One-Day Voting Event (From Rolling Stone. 26 September 2016, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- Trl Is Coming Back to MTV...but There's a Catch (From E! Online. 26 September 2016, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- There's a very important person missing from this 'Stranger Things'/'Buffy' mashup (From Hitfix. 26 September 2016, 10:44 AM, PDT)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Review (From We Got This Covered. 26 September 2016, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- On my radar: Jane Goldman’s cultural highlights (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 September 2016, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- On my radar: Jane Goldman’s cultural highlights (From The Guardian - TV News. 25 September 2016, 2:00 AM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: a marriage that started – and ended – on screen (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 September 2016, 11:14 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Edge of Seventeen’ Critical Roundup: Reviewers are Charmed By Hailee Steinfeld’s High School Film (From Indiewire. 17 September 2016, 3:42 PM, PDT)
- Toronto Film Review: ‘The Edge of Seventeen’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 September 2016, 2:55 AM, PDT)