On the USA Network primetime show "Royal Pains," actor Mark Feuerstein plays Hank Lawson, a physician who treats well-heeled denizens of the Hamptons, the ritzy beach community on New York's Long Island. But three years ago, he was just a worried father of a very sick little girl.
Feuerstein's daughter Adelaide, now 3, was born with a congenital defect that put her in intensive care at Children's Hospital Los Angeles for almost three months, where she had two open-heart surgeries. The cost of her treatments came to more than $1 million. Feuerstein and his wife Dana Klein, a TV producer and writer who worked on "Friends," have the means to pay for such expensive care, but the ordeal gave them a new perspective on the plight of of the uninsured.
"The reality that there are families all over this country who are discovering heart defects and any other kind of disease or »
- Jeffrey Young
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama (I)
- Omarosa -- Hey, Donald Trump ... Lay Off President Obama! You Don't Know Jack About Ferguson (From TMZ. 25 November 2014, 4:50 PM, PST)
- Darren Wilson Breaks Silence About Michael Brown Shooting: 'He Was Going to Kill Me' (From PEOPLE.com. 25 November 2014, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Stars React to Verdict in Ferguson Shooting (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 November 2014, 3:53 PM, PST)
- Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Oprah Winfrey and More Celebs in the Kitchen—See the Fun Pics! (From E! Online. 26 November 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- The Hundred-foot Journey – The Blu Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 November 2014, 8:51 AM, PST)
- Birdman Soars At The 2015 Spirit Awards (From We Got This Covered. 25 November 2014, 7:03 PM, PST)
- Swizz Beatz Wants to Change the Art World (From Vulture. 25 November 2014, 11:08 AM, PST)
- 'The Voice' Recap: The Top 10 Perform (From BuddyTV. 24 November 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- X Factor Jukebox song choices revealed: What will the quarter-finalists sing? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 November 2014, 8:32 AM, PST)