On the USA Network primetime show "Royal Pains," actor Mark Feuerstein plays Hank Lawson, a physician who treats well-heeled denizens of the Hamptons, the ritzy beach community on New York's Long Island. But three years ago, he was just a worried father of a very sick little girl.
Feuerstein's daughter Adelaide, now 3, was born with a congenital defect that put her in intensive care at Children's Hospital Los Angeles for almost three months, where she had two open-heart surgeries. The cost of her treatments came to more than $1 million. Feuerstein and his wife Dana Klein, a TV producer and writer who worked on "Friends," have the means to pay for such expensive care, but the ordeal gave them a new perspective on the plight of of the uninsured.
"The reality that there are families all over this country who are discovering heart defects and any other kind of disease or »
- Jeffrey Young
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- LeBron James Is 'Going Home' to Cleveland: Hollywood, White House Reacts (From The Hollywood Reporter. 11 July 2014, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lopez Just Scored the World's Coolest Selfie (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 6:26 AM, PDT)
- Speed Read: Ryan Gosling Is Excited About Fatherhood (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 5:38 AM, PDT)
- How Belle Became the Summer Movie Season’s Secret Hit (From Vulture. 11 July 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Life Itself – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 July 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- Helen Mirren: Why I'm Glad I Found Love In My Late 30's (From Entertainment Tonight. 10 July 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Jay Z to Headline 2014 Global Citizen Festival (From Entertainment Tonight. 9 July 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Linda Perry on her new VH1 show, Pink, and her issue with 'American Idol' (From Hitfix. 3 July 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- BollySpice explores Bollywood covers: An interview with Ashanti Omkar & our favourite Bollywood cover songs (From Bollyspice. 28 June 2014, 11:29 PM, PDT)