As I got on the tube this morning at Ealing Broadway station, I glanced across the road at the building on the corner, and paid a quick, quiet homage. Because this unprepossessing building was where Mick Jagger and his bandmates - yet to adopt the Stones moniker - first took to the stage in 1962, and strummed the first notes of their blues-inspired sound.
(Michele Hanson in the Guardian can do better than that - she remembers the gig, as she writes here)
Nothing so strange about that. Except the same snake-hipped frontman who swivelled and pranced around on that Ealing stage is still happily prancing, preening and peacock-posturing a half-century later, and seems to be getting better with age, according to Glastonbury's Michael Eavis, who hosted the band for the first time this year, and promptly announced them the best headliners ever - review of that gig here.
Sir Mick, »
- The Huffington Post UK
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- 11 Celebs Who Regret Their Tattoos (From newser. 9 March 2014, 6:48 AM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp goes digital in new Transcendence poster (From Flickeringmyth. 8 March 2014, 7:57 AM, PST)
- 8 Greatest Vampire TV Shows (From Obsessed with Film. 8 March 2014, 3:41 AM, PST)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)
- Weekend Report: Neeson Beats Jesus, 'Frozen' Hits $1 Billion (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 2 March 2014, 12:12 PM, PST)
- Weekend Box Office: 'Non-Stop' Tops 'Son of God' as 'Lego' Passes $200 Million (From Rope Of Silicon. 2 March 2014, 7:34 AM, PST)
- The Book Thief review: don’t mention the war… (From FlickFilosopher. 25 February 2014, 3:47 PM, PST)
- John Corbett To Co-Star In Denis Leary’s FX Pilot ‘Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll’ (From Deadline TV. 7 March 2014, 10:30 AM, PST)
- SXSW 2014: Robert Rodriguez's Museum Featuring Original Frank Frazetta Masterpieces Launches on Location! (From Dread Central. 7 March 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Wes Anderson movie music jukebox - Spotify playlist (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 March 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)