The folks behind the long talked about Poltergeist remake have found their star in Rosemarie DeWitt (“Mad Men,” “United States of Tara”). Read on for more details, and now that casting is under way, look for more Really soon!
According to Deadline, DeWitt (pictured) is the choice to play the female lead in Poltergeist, the new installment of the Tobe Hooper-directed horror classic that will be made by MGM and Fox 2000, with Gil Kenan directing a script by David Lindsay-Abaire.
Jobeth Williams and Craig T. Nelson were the original parents whose ideal family life is uprooted by a cavalcade of spirits that culminates in the kidnap of their youngest daughter. A male lead is currently being sought.
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News Items"Mad Men" (2007)
- People Magazine Awards: Jon Hamm Compares the Venue to an Airport (From PEOPLE.com. 19 December 2014, 7:10 AM, PST)
- Watch a clip from Despicable Me spin-off Minions (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 11:40 PM, PST)
- People Magazine Awards: Jon Hamm Reveals Ingredients for a 'Don Draper' Cocktail (From PEOPLE.com. 18 December 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Bruce Campbell talks Sequel Series, Ash vs. Evil Dead (From shocktillyoudrop. 19 December 2014, 7:52 AM, PST)
- [Yuletide Terrors] Day 16: The Children (From Destroy the Brain. 16 December 2014, 9:48 PM, PST)
- Why Fargo Season 2 Doesn’t Need to Have a Star-Studded Cast (From TVovermind.com. 16 December 2014, 10:10 AM, PST)
Twentieth Century Fox [us]
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Tops Pre-Christmas Home Video Sales Charts (From Variety - Film News. 17 December 2014, 5:59 PM, PST)
- ‘The Interview’ Tops the Week’s TV Advertising Spend (From Variety - Film News. 16 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- DreamWorks Animation Moves ‘Kung Fu Panda 3′ Out of 2015, Away from ‘Star Wars’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 December 2014, 1:16 PM, PST)