Zap2it: What do you consider the major differences of "New Day" to be?
Chris Cuomo: I will travel a lot in the field, a lot more than people are used to seeing morning anchors do. I will cover more news. That's part of the opportunity, and another part that's specific to cable has to do with the dialogue.
Other cable networks have chosen agendas, very distinct sets of ideas, to deal with in the morning. I believe that has created an appetite for a third way, for noncynical, nonpartisan, critical analysis. People want it. Politicians are learning that, and I think the media is going to learn it ... and I think CNN is perfectly positioned at the exact time for it.
Zap2it: How closely does that match what your career aims were in joining CNN?
Chris Cuomo: Being what I guess is now called "an advocacy journalist, »
Similar News ItemsChris Cuomo
- Carney Insists U.S. Did Not Negotiate with Terrorists: Bergdahl ‘Was Not a Hostage’ (From Mediaite - TV. 2 June 2014, 5:14 AM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart Hits News Media on Jay Z-Solange Knowles Fight Obsession: Who's Making You Do This? (From The Wrap. 15 May 2014, 8:23 AM, PDT)
- John Oliver ‘Last Week Tonight’ Debut Hunts ‘The Daily Show’ Crowd: Video (From Deadline TV. 27 April 2014, 10:04 PM, PDT)
"New Day" (2013)
- CNN's Kate Bolduan Expecting First Child (From The Hollywood Reporter. 11 April 2014, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Mika Brzezinski Rips Irresponsible Malaysia Flight Reporting: ‘We Shouldn't Be Talking About Theories!’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 24 March 2014, 8:23 AM, PDT)
- TV News Outlets Scramble to Cover Malaysia Airline, Ukraine Developments (From Variety - TV News. 20 March 2014, 6:32 AM, PDT)