Chicago – The Sundance Audience Award winner, “Fruitvale Station,” opening in many markets this month, including Chicago this Friday, tells the story of the murder of Oscar Grant in the first hours of 2009. Killed after a fight on a Bart train on New Year’s Eve, writer/director Ryan Coogler’s film flashes back 24 hours to detail the final day of Grant’s life.
Played with emotional precision by the great Michael B. Jordan, Grant’s story is already connecting with audiences and will surely be one of the most talked about films of the season. Jordan and Coogler sat down with HollywoodChicago.com a few weeks ago to talk about the film, Hollywood’s fidelity to fact, Oscar’s family, and why Jordan is as on the cusp of worldwide fame as any young actor.
As the interview began, Coogler stepped out and Jordan and I were looking at the poster, »
- email@example.com (Adam Fendelman)
Similar News ItemsZero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Exclusive A Most Violent Year TV Spot Features Sbtrkt and an Intense Jessica Chastain (From Collider.com. 24 December 2014, 7:56 AM, PST)
- Directors & Their Troops: Morten Tyldum on His ‘Imitation Game’ Team (From Variety - Film News. 23 December 2014, 3:18 PM, PST)
- Watch: 16-Minute Talk With Kathryn Bigelow And Scott Z. Burns About Elephant Poaching & PSA 'Last Days' (From The Playlist. 23 December 2014, 1:19 PM, PST)
- Octavia Spencer Awarded $940,000 in Weight Loss Lawsuit (From The Wrap. 23 December 2014, 11:55 AM, PST)
- Ranking the Award-Winning Adult Actors in 2014 Ya Adaptations (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 December 2014, 10:01 AM, PST)
- Barack Obama's favourite movie of 2014 is Boyhood (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 December 2014, 2:14 AM, PST)
Fruitvale Station (2013)
- ‘The Normal Heart’ Wins PGA’s Stanley Kramer Award (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 2:12 PM, PST)
- HBO Movie ‘The Normal Heart’ Wins Producers Guild’s Stanley Kramer Award (From The Wrap. 19 December 2014, 2:04 PM, PST)
- Tessa Thompson joins Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone in Creed (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 3:55 AM, PST)