The NBCU cable net officially announced a follow up to last week’s viral creature feature, tentatively titling the newly greenlit pic “Sharknado 2.” Variety reported last week that talks were underway at the cable net for a “Sharknado” followup less than a day after the TV movie launched.
The Asylum, the shingle behind the first “Sharknado” along with other Syfy original movies, will return to produce the telepic, which will take place in New York City. (“Sharknado” was set in L.A.) Syfy will debut “Sharknado 2″ next year.
“Every once in a while, there is a perfect storm – on television. The fans are clamoring for a sequel. »
- AJ Marechal
Similar News ItemsTara Reid
- Sharknado 3's Location Revealed and It's Going to Be Bigger Than Ever! (From E! Online. 20 October 2014, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- This Week's Best Celebrity TwitPics (From TooFab. 18 October 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Sharknado 2' Blu-ray Preview: Creating the Sharks | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 8 October 2014, 10:11 AM, PDT)
Sharknado (2013) (TV)
- Sharknado 3 Will Stalk The East Coast In 2015 (From We Got This Covered. 21 October 2014, 9:38 AM, PDT)
- Sharknado 3 Location Revealed (From Worst Previews. 21 October 2014, 5:12 AM, PDT)
- 'Sharknado 3' Is Heading to the Feast Coast (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2014, 6:34 PM, PDT)
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" (1970)
- NBC News Cameraman on How He Contracted Ebola: ‘That's the Million Dollar Question’ (From The Wrap. 22 October 2014, 4:24 PM, PDT)
- NBC News Freelance Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free (From Variety - TV News. 21 October 2014, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- David Muir Wins Key Demo Ratings Race But Brian Williams Scores Big Viewers Victory (From The Wrap. 21 October 2014, 9:29 AM, PDT)